On arrival , website pictures are deceptive , this looks more like a travel lodge . The car park was poorly lit and some lights not working so difficult to find reception. Tripped over entrance step and nearly broke my legs as soon as I arrived . Receptionist smiled and said lots of people do that we are trying to get it fixed !!!! But no notice warning !! This was the beginning of the end for me .
Bar maid was new and told us what a bad day she was having , then told us to sit down with our drinks and 'Alex ' would sort it out , she didn't know how to run a tab. Went to order food , Alex now there . I told him that we had already had drinks ( he didn't know ) I ordered food and just asked to run a tab, as we hadn't set up to have items added to our room . Alex told me in a smug voice ' I'd rather you pay now madam ' so I went and got partners card , but got his pin wrong . I said to Alex can I just go over there ( in bar still) with the handheld pdq unit and get partner to enter pin . He said in his smug voice again 'I'd rather you didn't madam'
When the food arrived it looked ok . But had to ask again for mayo and cutlery . Then again after that for salt and pepper . The mayonnaise was terrible ... Really poor quality sachet type , and the triple cooked chips tasted like they had been triple cooked in old oil .
The room key holder ( photocopied piece of card ) informed the key holder that 'we are adding a £1 charity donation to all invoices...please ask if you'd like is to remove it ' you can't collect for charity like that !!!
The room was small , but fine . ( bed like a rock though) The price was not expensive , but still £100 I'd actually rather have spent at a travel lodge .
I expected better from the 'de vere' brand . I think this hotel probably has guaranteed occupancy due to being so close to the universal studio tour , but it really need to up its game in terms of attention to detail and customer service .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 22 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Hunton Park is a charming Queen Anne Mansion house with extensive meeting, training and special event facilities, including a dedicated marquee. Coupled with modern refurbished bedrooms, Hunton Park is a fantastic location for business meetings, training, weddings through to short relaxing leisure stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Venues Hunton Park Hotel Kings Langley
- Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel Hunton Bridge, Hertfordshire