“comfy and convenient - recommend this hotel”

Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hunton Bridge
Norwich, United Kingdom
“comfy and convenient - recommend this hotel”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed for couple of nights and it was comfy and convenient for Harry Potter Studio Tour. Good facilities Receptionist guys were both very friendly and helpful throughout stay. Lovely warm pool to relax in and nice grounds for a walk. Bar food lovely (try the chilli). Warning: the taxis seem to charge what they think they can get away with, both to/from the studio tour and to/from Watford Junction station. They vary greatly and I had to renegotiate to get a fair price!

Will stay here again and recommend to all

Room Tip: we were upstairs in side block, very nice
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Peter F, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your lovely review of Hunton Park.

I will speak to the taxi company reference the price.

Kind regards
Pete

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

So we recently stayed at De Vere Hunton Park for my partners birthday (We were visiting the Harry Potter Studios the next day) From the moment we walked in we were greeted in such a lovely manner and there was nothing that was too much trouble for any of the staff especially the nice young chap on reception and the young bar maid. We decided to have our dinner in the Bar instead of the restaurant as there was something my partner wanted to watch on TV, they quite happily changed the channel over as it wasn't busy and no one else seemed to be watching the TV. We order our food at the Bar I had a Vere Burger and my husband choose the Chilli both came freshly made and were lovely big portions. The young barmaid was very helpful and extremely friendly, she asked us how long we were staying etc and we explained just the one night as we were visiting the HP studios, she highly recommended them as she had visited the tour herself its really refreshing to have someone talk honestly about there own experiences in a place like that. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying a few days in the area. 8/10

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura B
Thank you for your review, i look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards
Pete
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have been to at least 6 different de vere hotels and this is the worst of the ones i've been to (which i usually always like) i expected hunton park to be better as our sunday stay was £49 and i usually pay £29/39 at the other hotels. In short, the room was clean and as expected but the shower was terrible, not powerful and kept going from boiling hot to cold, the speed bumps on the way to the hotel will ruin your suspension/back. The coffee stations which are usually all over the hotels were miles away from our room and from reception (they should have one by reception) si had a long walk back to my room with two coffees, although, the nice lady on reception did offer to open the door for me as she could see i had my hands full,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J W
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The website makes this hotel look lovely as it appears that you are staying in the big manor house however this isn't the case, you do not at any point even enter the main house. The welcome wasn't very warm, we weren't even shown to our rooms. we asked what was on the dinner menu for the night, the receptionist advised that he would get a menu sent up to our room which we never received. We went down to the bar for something to eat and ordered tea for two, the bar lady didn't know how to put the order on the till so she had to grab someone else. The tea for two was not displayed on a menu so we asked what exactly it consisted off and neither of the two staff knew what was included, we asked what was in the sandwiches, and they replied with 'you know like finger sandwiches'. Not really helpful!! After paying £16 we waited 45 minutes for stale bread sandwiches with average cakes. After our experience with the bar and not receiving the dinner menu we decided we didn't want to risk eating here and being disappointed. We ate at a local town called St Albians which was lovely. On the plus side, the bed was very comfy, the room was tidy, however it was very noisy.
I wouldn't chose to stay here again, there is no atmosphere at all, but I will continue to use the De Vere chain as I have had pleasant stays in many other hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Caroline D

Travellers are raving about these Hunton Bridge hotels

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

On arrival , website pictures are deceptive , this looks more like a travel lodge . The car park was poorly lit and some lights not working so difficult to find reception. Tripped over entrance step and nearly broke my legs as soon as I arrived . Receptionist smiled and said lots of people do that we are trying to get it fixed !!!! But no notice warning !! This was the beginning of the end for me .
Bar maid was new and told us what a bad day she was having , then told us to sit down with our drinks and 'Alex ' would sort it out , she didn't know how to run a tab. Went to order food , Alex now there . I told him that we had already had drinks ( he didn't know ) I ordered food and just asked to run a tab, as we hadn't set up to have items added to our room . Alex told me in a smug voice ' I'd rather you pay now madam ' so I went and got partners card , but got his pin wrong . I said to Alex can I just go over there ( in bar still) with the handheld pdq unit and get partner to enter pin . He said in his smug voice again 'I'd rather you didn't madam'
When the food arrived it looked ok . But had to ask again for mayo and cutlery . Then again after that for salt and pepper . The mayonnaise was terrible ... Really poor quality sachet type , and the triple cooked chips tasted like they had been triple cooked in old oil .
The room key holder ( photocopied piece of card ) informed the key holder that 'we are adding a £1 charity donation to all invoices...please ask if you'd like is to remove it ' you can't collect for charity like that !!!
The room was small , but fine . ( bed like a rock though) The price was not expensive , but still £100 I'd actually rather have spent at a travel lodge .
I expected better from the 'de vere' brand . I think this hotel probably has guaranteed occupancy due to being so close to the universal studio tour , but it really need to up its game in terms of attention to detail and customer service .

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Sharon Q
lincs uk
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were looking forward to staying at this de vere hotel after looking on the website. As we drove up the long drive the hotel looked very impressive in front of us then we turned left as directed towards the reception and car park and that was the last we saw of the manor house everything we experienced after that was travelodge plus , such a shame that even the reception was nt in the main house. The room was compact and as it was on the ground floor had only frosted windows , there were no biscuits in the room but you could get free coffee and biscuits near the bar area . We were looking to eat in the hotel but werent sure if there was a restaurant or just the bar menu available ,we found this menu a bit random and chose to eat at a local pub. I would say we only paid £20 for this room breakfast was extra, but i was slightly disappointed that the standard i expected was nt there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked with this hotel and then cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and didn't receive a refund so £60 wasted. It needs to be more clear when booking that you can't get a refund.

Won't be using them again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BL7109
Peter F, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for the review you have posted. I am extremely surprised by the comments you have left as we do not hide our terms or conditions and use the standard terms that all hotels have.
We do have special rates which are none refundable but again this is clearly stated on all booking channels and all terms and conditions are listed at the time of booking.
If an error on our behalf has occurred please do email me on pfarrow@deverevenues.co.uk as I will investigate it to ensure we have honoured the correct terms of your reservation.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Peter
Hilton Watford
Hilton Watford
#7 of 13 in Watford
Jurys Inn London Watford

Been to Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!