Took advantage of a De Vere deal and booked a cheapy £40 for two nights deal.
I did email reception prior my visit ref the Spa facilities but received a mail back explaining the company that provided that were no longer around?...What ? still on the website?
Location was superb as we wanted to zip into London, so a quick drive to Kings Langley , dump the car and you are into Euston in minutes. Top tip for you.
The car parks are badly lit so it's a little bit hit and miss where you are heading but I soon found the reception and the chilly 'wind tunnel' leading to the annexe (I knew about the Annexe already, so no big deal for me).
The room (25)looked smart with the obligatory band of cloth at the bottom of the bed and scatter cushions but the rooms were small...very small,I can confirm that there were no mice in my room (see another review) but if there were they would be hunchbacked and in no danger from decapitated cats previously swung around.
We got showered and changed and decided to pop up to St Albans for a Nandos....that's how we roll! .... On the first speed hump going out I crunched the bottom of the engine...its wasn't the hump but the massive pot hole behind it.....please lob some scalpings in them....
We returned after a great night and looking forward to some kip and that's what we got ,despite some youngsters having a party, which made me stir slightly at 1amish when some went back to their rooms. The radiator was amusing and was like 'old faithful' as it gurgled, bubbled and spluttered through the night. Mrs didn't like it but I found it quite soothing.
Next morning I awoke before the missus and decided to go on the free wifi...disaster.....it doesn't work in room 25...iPad, and two smart phones didn't pick up anything, I had to use the phone as a tether so videos were a no no.....
As I got out of bed I found an ear ring had dug into my back during the night, I wasn't happy with the missus and even less when she pointed out it wasn't hers!!!.....urgh!! On leaving the room i informed the friendly maid that I wanted the bed changed and it seemed to be when we returned.
Didn't have breakfast, as we are tight wads.
Didn't use the pool as we didn't get time.
Location...for Laandon and the Harry Potter thing (some people would like that).
Price: £40 for two nights...get in!
Shower: hot hot hot and powerful...
Rooms were small, half size of Premier Inn...think central London ...but not out here.
Wifi: didn't exist in room 25
Ear Ring: is it yours? The maid has it!
Car Park: Gloomier than Cold Play and The Smiths....
Pot hole: Fill it please!
Would I stay here again? For £20 a night...you bet....but for £80 to £120 ..probably not...better stay in Premier Inn.
NB....we did not complain to reception ref Ear Ring and WiFi, so be far to the management, they cannot fix something they are not aware of. I wasn't prepared to move rooms after the missus carpet bombed the place with all her gear....why do women do that?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 22 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Hunton Park is a charming Queen Anne Mansion house with extensive meeting, training and special event facilities, including a dedicated marquee. Coupled with modern refurbished bedrooms, Hunton Park is a fantastic location for business meetings, training, weddings through to short relaxing leisure stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Vere Hunton Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Venues Hunton Park Hotel Kings Langley
- De Vere Hunton Park Hunton Bridge, Hertfordshire