Not complaining, just an honest review. I took advantage of the bargain deal and stayed here for 3 nights. Like another reviewer, I suffered the constant fan in my bathroom. The room was perfectly formed but rather small, wouldnt have wanted to be sharing! The bathroom was nicely decorated, and very clean, no scruffy sealant!!!
Sadly again, no guest rooms in the main historic building which was in use for conference/meetings for all the time I stayed. Annoyingly, the extensive bar area on several levels was also used by those already having the meeting rooms, to have ad hoc mini meetings. I can see why this happens, but perhaps there could be a small "residents" only lounge somewhere?
The driveway is pretty poor and what I saw of the grounds was little to write home about. It is great for visiting Harry Potter, which I hadnt realised was a stone's throw from my room and within easy travelling distance if you want to visit St Albans and villages such as the very attractive Berkhampstead. But the immediate surroundings and entrance from the road to this Venues is very unattractive.
Sadly, another guest decided to slam their door at 7am each morning so the lay-in I had hoped for didnt happen. I certainly cannot complain at the value for money that I got but I wouldnt stay there again. The pool is very small and access into the Hotel reception and to rooms on the first floor (no lift) is a nightmare with a heavy case.
I definitely wouldnt want to have to pay full price for this Hotel. Lovely and helpful young lady on reception when I booked in and checked out, sorry, didnt note her name but an asset to the company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 22 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Hunton Park is a charming Queen Anne Mansion house with extensive meeting, training and special event facilities, including a dedicated marquee. Coupled with modern refurbished bedrooms, Hunton Park is a fantastic location for business meetings, training, weddings through to short relaxing leisure stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Venues Hunton Park Hotel Kings Langley
- Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel Hunton Bridge, Hertfordshire