Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hunton Bridge
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic .the staff are so friendly and helpful at all times . The food in the restaurant is out of this world . The hotel and the grounds it is set in are immaculate and clean . This hotel gets a 10 out of 10 from my wife and I .

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony C
Peter F, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted you gave us a 10/10.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here on Sunday 18th May because we were in Watford to visit Harry Potter Studio Tour (which was brill!)

The lady on check in was nice enough, not massively friendly but nice & efficient. We went to the bar, guy in there again nice enough! Little embarrassing when he said the till said I didn't have credit, he asked if I gave a pre-auth which I had, asked me to sign the receipt then that was it, could have at least just said something along the lines of 'don't worry I'll sort it' or some kind of response but not an issue :)

We used the restaurant for dinner, staff were lovely and the food was beautiful, slightly disappointed in the limited menu but they do have a bigger bar and room service menu (would have ordered from there if we could have seen the restaurant menu before we got there!) was lovely though and decently priced.

We ordered some room service around 10.30pm, when it arrived the lady who delivered it said they hadn't been able to produce a bill but also couldn't add it to the bill so she would come back later, we gave up waiting about midnight! It was added to the bill correctly so was fine in the end but a bit weird! Luckily we are often up late!

Breakfast staff were all lovely and did a great job trying to keep up with everything when it was very busy.

The guy on reception at check out was very nice and friendly which is always good at the end of a stay!

The room itself was nice, not the biggest but sufficient for 1 night, the main light in the bedroom was not working - not an issue at all for us as there are lamps and it was still light outside until late but I know (strangely) this is a big issue for some people!

The best thing about this hotel was the grounds and hotel itself! It is a beautiful place and we happily spent the whole afternoon wondering around outside.

They do have a pool but because the grounds are so nice and we were lucky enough to have such beautiful weather we didn't get round to using it!

Would def recommend and would love to stay again!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Laurynem
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review, I am delighted you have a good stay with us but I am sorry for the confusion over the payment both in the bar and with room service. We should have sorted this out on check in and I will ensure I feed this back to the receptionist as from your comments I feel we should have made a better first impression than we did.
Once again thank you for the review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hunton Park soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for just the one night before we visited the Harry Potter Studios the following day. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel looks lovely from the drive until you realise you're not actually staying in that building, I found that rather disappointing as all the picture for the hotel are the old and grand building......you don't stay in it. We had a disabled room on the ground floor, it was very small and I doubt that a wheel chair would even fit in it. The room was clean and tidy although it was very hot, also being on the ground floor I didn't feel safe enough to leave the window open all night. There was a lot of door banging throughout the night, which was rather annoying and loud. I wouldn't want to stay there for any longer than one night though. The swimming pool looked lively, though there was a lot of children when we went so swimming was near impossible. The bar was great, though there was a football match on when we we're say in there, and as non-football fans this did put us off a little. Finally it's in a great location for the Harry Potter Studios which was the main visit for my stay so for that reason I'd recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank ShellyWelly84
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. Indeed the rooms are housed in a separate annex to the main manor house. We do list this on our website as well as others, as we want to be transparent about this to avoid any miss understanding of where the rooms are located. I am also sorry you found your room small, but pleased you would recommend us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at your hotel on Sunday 11th May. On Monday 12th May we went to the breakfast buffet.

From the moment we arrived Diane really looked after us.
She was very warm and welcoming and made us feel special.
Even though it was fairly late and most of the guests had left for the day, Diane still replenished the breakfast buffet.
I was very impressed with her courteousness and willingness to please.
We frequently travel but I can honestly say this was one of the best experiences we have had.
We did speak with the Manager and conveyed our appreciation for the excellent sevice and would be grateful if you would kindly let Diane know about this review as it is well deserved.
Diane is a real credit to your hotel.
Many thanks

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Peter F, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. Diane was absolutely to see her service was so well received. indeed she is a true asset to the venue.

Abbots Langley, Herts
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We held our Son's First Holy Communion celebration at Hunton Park. From the moment we booked to the actual day the service was excellent.

We hired the marquee and arranged a BBQ & children's buffet for approx 80 people. The room was set up as we requested for our arrival. The food was fabulous and plentiful. We were allowed to plug in an iPod for background music. Everything was how we wanted it, plus more!

We all had a great day and would recommend this venue. The bar prices are more expensive than local establishments but like many other hotels.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Unfortunately, I did not have a particularly good experience of this hotel. I was taken here for a surprise afternoon tea after going to the Warner Bros. studios for my birthday. The afternoon tea was ok, but the hotel had both a wake and a wedding going on at the same time, which made for a particularly bad experience.

We were seated in the bar area, along with all the wedding guests, not what you normally expect for afternoon tea. We felt completely out of place and as if we were disturbing the wedding party! We were interrupted by guests a number of times and the bar was extremely busy (there was a TV in the bar, which was on, and there were a number of small children on the loose).

Our waiter, who seemed very pleasant, was run of his feet setting up for the wedding reception (rushing around with glasses, plates and table decorations - slightly worrying that this was not done in advance of the reception!) whilst the guests were at the bar and we, therefore, only saw him at the very beginning of our tea, so we did not have much of an opportunity to ask to be moved or ask for more drinks etc.

The person who purchased the afternoon tea has also emailed the hotel to express our disappointment (over a week ago) and we have still not received a reply....

It was a real shame, because all in all, the afternoon tea itself was actually quite nice, but the atmosphere, noise and service did, unfortunately, ruin the experience for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lauren_Review_2014
Peter F, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am deeply sorry to read of your experience. Please can I ask you to contact me directly on pfarrow@deverevenues.co.uk as I have received no correspondence in relation to the issues raised and would really like to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance

Travellers are raving about these Hunton Bridge hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We recently held my husbands 50th birthday party at the Devere Hunton bridge, We booked the Apsley suite and Orangery for a private dinner for 23 friends. We went for the BBQ as our choice of meal as it gave everyone a huge selection of food, even the vegetarians! food quality and choice was great and the room looked lovely, we were just looking for somewhere for a meal to celebrate but the hotel team made the evening very special and thought of so many details that we wouldn't have bothered with! - they arranged sofas in the Apsley suite with welcome drinks and set up a projector to show old photos etc of my husband, cake stand, candles, knife (it was just a M&S chocolate cake!) we moved on to the hotel bar at around midnight and had a great time till about 3am. The service we received from Sophie and all the team was exceptional and I look forward for another excuse for a party here ;) Most of the guests stayed the night in the hotel and enjoyed breakfast and a walk around the beautiful grounds (the bedrooms are small but functional with comfy beds).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review, i am delighted you had a great time with us and I have passed on the lovely comments about Sophie directly to her.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunton Bridge
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction
Hilton Watford
Hilton Watford
#7 of 13 in Watford

Been to Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!