All reviews biscuits harry potter course meal on the small side birthday treat warner bros studio food was lovely studio tour a lovely stay full english an overnight stay stayed for one night minute drive good nights sleep beautiful grounds wedding venue
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

For me there’s 2 parts to this review the room and the rest.
So the room....it was big enough, clean, air con, tele and all the other bits you expect. The bathroom was really nice with a walk in rainfall shower. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. My room was in an annex so very quiet and the hotel is situated well away from any sources of noise. Based on the room and decor of the room I would have given a 4 star rating.
Where the hotel is let down is it’s staff. With the exception of the gentleman that checked me in every member of staff I came across was quiet and seemed unhappy? Maybe it was just one of those days?
For a few nights or business I would recommend.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ChazDJ
StewartG1, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear ChazDJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mercure Hunton Park,

I glad that you found the stay with us to be pleasant and that your initial check in process was welcoming along with the bedroom being comfortable and clean.
I am disappointed to hear the majority of staff were unwelcoming which is a real concern as each member of staff regardless of the day or time should welcome each guest, this is something I will speak to each department in relation to.

I do hope to welcome you back to Mercure Hunton Park soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We visited on a Travelzoo deal and it was good value for money.
Food in restaurant was very good, served on nice hot plates which always pleases me and shows they care about detail. There is limited choice, but then if the food is good I don't mind. No embarrassment about what we should have on our 'deal' either. Immediately offered our 'free' glass of wine and bread and jug of water too.

The room was cold and when we asked for help with the heating/air con system, we were told that as all rooms had to be the same we could not make it any warmer. We were offered a fan heater though, so they did try.

Room was basic, had to ask for more milks and NO biscuits!

My main gripe is that we could not use the pool due to swimming lessons going on, which happen a lot according to the timetable outside the pool. This was disappointing as if a hotel is advertised with an indoor pool, as a guest, you expect to be able to use it! I did query this with reception and they commented that I could swim between 6.30am and 9am on Saturday morning, but I was on a break and did not wish to do that!

Lovely hotel grounds, although the picture one sees on the web site is now overshadowed by a wedding marquee. Had we have been able to use the pool, I'd have given this rating a 'very good' but this part marred our stay a little.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Deborah2370,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mercure Hunton Park,

I am sorry to hear that you did not leave the hotel fully satisfied and that you felt a little rushed on the service at the start in the restaurant.

I would like to clarify that in terms of swimming lessons they do take place at the hotel as we do look at the community perspective of it however we also look at it from our guests point of view, therefore we do restrict when and what times swimming lessons do take place as we want to ensure with swimming lessons do not disrupt our guests either and therefore times are restricted for swimming lessons. Our swimming pool is open from 6:30am to 21:30pm for guests to use.

I do hope to welcome you back with us soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

As we were having a tour at Warner bros studio we needed a stay overnight. This hotel was brilliant very close to the attraction and in a lovely area. The hotel was very clean and staff very friendly and welcoming even the maintenance staff painting. The room was lovely and spacious for the two of us and offered everything we required. The sleep that night we had a lovely comfy king size bed. However there was a lot of noise sounded like a generator and vibrated the whole room all night. We did mention it to the reception staff and he couldn’t be more apologetic. We also had a cooked breakfast which was lovely and staff once again were very attentive. I would return here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Nemii U,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mercure Hunton Park,

I would like to say thank you for your lovely review of the hotel, however I am sad that we could not provide you with a wonderful nights sleep, this is something I will into with each room as I do not want this to be an issue going forward.

I do hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We stayed in the property recently, and were delighted with everything.

The property was recently badged as a Mercure, and the owners appear to be implementing a nice upgrade to the physical property. The Hotel appears to be a Resort country property, which is lovely, but it is really really close to Watford (and convenient to Luton Airport). Also, its within about 40 mins tube to London Oxford St.

The staff are lovely, and really accommodating. We only had breakfast, but it was excellent.

We were so happy here, that we are thinking of coming back and staying over Christmas !!!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Robert C

Dear Robert C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

I am so happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, I will be feeding this back to each department as this what our staff endear to.

I hope to welcome you back with us soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Not for families. I have stayed at this hotel before with my daughter and my sister when visiting Warner Bros Studio and had a good stay, however, not again. On both evenings we were kept awake by banging doors and even some one trying our locked door. The receptionist said two people were thrown out because of their behaviour. Will go somewhere else next time which is a shame because the staff a great, breakfast is good and it is very close to Harry potter.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
StewartG1, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear ren1422,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I would like to start of by apologising about the issues that you faced during your stay and I am extremely saddened that we could not rectify these issues whilst you were at the hotel. I can assure you this is not the normal Mercure Hunton Park Hotel standards as we expect each one of our guests to leave with a smile.

I have spoken to the Nights Department relation to this particular matter, and we will be looking to ensure additional walks will be done to ensure on busy nights and normal nights each guest is able to experience the best sleep possible.

I do hope to welcome you back with us soon and show you the true Hunton Park Standard.