I feel compelled to write a review since I believe some of the reviews are a little one sided on trip advisor. Having booked this hotel for a romantic couple of nights on Devere's summer deals, I decided to read the reviews. I have stayed in a number of Devere hotels and had high expectations and panicked when I read about how terrible the rooms were, etc. However, I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived.
The groundsman was weeding the front of the well kept gardens and the receptionist was delightful. We arrived at our lovely room, which I admit did feel rather hot. We noticed there was a fan on the floor and opened the windows which definately helped. The room was clean and well decorated, as was the bathroom.
We were served drinks and food in the bar by an extremely helpful member of staff. The bar was clean, cosy and well set out in various, different levelled sections and had a pool table in the very top section tucked out of the way. The football was also on tv which had a number of business man, as well as my (now) fiance grouped round (in a civilised manner, not like the pubs!). We could have easily gone to a different area of the bar, and the tv was turned down to a sensible level so that others did not get disturbed.
The only complaint I have, is that my boyfriend proposed to me on the Tuesday lunch time, and we would have loved a bottle of wine out on the terrace in the sun (first day in weeks!) to celebrate. However, I asked for a bottle of wine and three different members said the bar was closed and could not process the transaction, even if we were staying in the hotel. I did not want to play the whole 'newly engaged' card as I think this can be rather tacky, and it should not make any difference. If they could serve wine to a newly engaged couple, they should serve everyone. This was a shame as we had returned back to the hotel to spend the later part of the afternoon enjoying the gardens. We would have also liked access to tourist information leaflets.
Overall, a very enjoyable 3 days away, and I would definately return if the occasion arises, but I would bring my own bottle of wine to drink on the terrace!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 22 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Hunton Park is a charming Queen Anne Mansion house with extensive meeting, training and special event facilities, including a dedicated marquee. Coupled with modern refurbished bedrooms, Hunton Park is a fantastic location for business meetings, training, weddings through to short relaxing leisure stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, ACCOR, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Venues Hunton Park Hotel Kings Langley
- Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel Hunton Bridge, Hertfordshire