“Great food- they are missed at Boardwalk”
Review of The Red Onion Eatery - CLOSED

The Red Onion Eatery
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: We Are Open For Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner.
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent food. I miss them on Boardwalk. I heard they moved somewhere by hospital. Nice selection of sandwiches, friendly stuff, good soups. I used to like to have meals there while starring at Boardwalk.

There are newer reviews for The Red Onion Eatery

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Each time I visit Vero Beach, the Red Onion is high on my list, simply for the lobster rolls.

Sorry to see its beach location gone, it was the perfect location.

Enjoying my lobster roll today.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Mid afternoon meal for 9, from tween and teen on vaca to retirees including a local and their 40 and 50-something children. All excellent. Can recommend grilled asparagus (great flavor for a veggie sand which), the gobbler (great cilantro mayo), the red onion (need to like cheese), the grouper Reuben (wasn't allowed a bite it was so crunchily delicious). Passion fruit tea brewed and dispensed by the gallon. Attentive and quick service by owner. Strip mall ambiance. This was second trip in two days by family vegetarian. 92 bucks for full lunch with drinks for 9.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I visited recently at lunchtime, our first time here. My wife's "red onion salad" was less than fresh with the greens well past their use by date. My Italian hoagie had plenty of meat but not much else except stem ends of lettuce that had already turned brown. And, to add insult to injury, the prices are way too high for the mediocre fare served.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

One of the best sandwiches i have ever had! The grouper was crunchy, fried and topped with swiss, spicy thousand island, sweet slaw on rye. What a delish combination of flavors. Homemade potato chips were also good. I was stiffed but got a brownie to go which we ate in the car and it was incredibly rich and decadent. If I was in town again I would split the sandwich with someone, it is quite hefty.

1  Thank momopinion