My wife and 2 year old son stayed here the first week of September for an entire week. We stayed in one of the 1BR Villas. We had a full kitchen, LR, and private BR. The bathroom had a huge Jacuzzi in it. One very disappointing thing was the room was filthy when we checked in. The floors, counters, and bathrooms look like the did a cursory cleaning only. After a family spends a week in a room like this the hotel needs to do a better job cleaning the rooms. We didn't want our son walking on the floors they were so filthy. We called housekeeping, and they came in the next day to do a better job. We are not neat freaks, but when you find hair still in the bathroom sinks, it tells you that they did not put too much effort into cleaning. Enough said on that since this was really the only low point we had for the whole week.
Here are the high points:
Resort & Grounds - were very well kept and manicured. Very clean.
Pool - The pool was a lot of fun for the kids. They have a water pirate ship for the little kids that my 2 year old could not get enough of. He played for hours in it. They also have a great jungle gym next to the pirate ship that he loved also. The big pool has a giant water slide in it for both kids and adults to use. It was great.
Beach - The beach was very nice. There was no lifeguard though which was a little unsettling, since the waves were huge due to a hurricane that was way offshore that week. They have rentals available like beach chairs and jet skis.
Restaurants - We did not want to go out looking for food, so we ate in Shutters 5 of 7 nights. The food was very good, and the wait staff very responsive, especially since we had a 2 year old with us. I did not think the food was expensive, I actually thought it was very reasonable. Maybe we are just used to NY, HI, and Caribbean prices...
Bugs - After all of the other reviews were were a little nervous about the potential bug problem. I have to say after being there for one whole week, we did not get bitten by one single bug! They must have moved out before we got there. No one else seemed to be having problems either.
Crabs - There are tons of them all over the place. They are a lot of fun to watch though. They like to hang out in the garages, and can startle you, but they will not bother you. My son loved watching them, and still talks about them.
Parking - In the garages is kind of tight. If you get a spot inside underneath, hold onto it, or you might loose it, and have to park outside. It was very convenient to load our stuff into the car in the garage, with the elevator right there.
I'm not sure if we would go back here or not. We had a very nice week, and the staff was very good. We might try another location in the future, but we did have a great time, and would reccomend it to freinds and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on warm sand and play in the sparkling blue waters of Disney's Vero Beach Resort. Just 2 hours southeast of Walt Disney World Resort, this elegant old-fashioned hideaway is located on Florida's scenic Atlantic Treasure Coast near the charming community of Vero Beach. Get away from it all in spacious lodgings that provide the comforts of home with an idyllic beach practically at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Vero Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Resort Vero Beach
- Disneys Vero Beach Resort
- Disney Vero Beach Resort
- Disneys Vero Beach Hotel
- Disney Vero Beach Hotel
- Disney's Vero Beach Resort Florida