“Though low priced, definitely not worth the money!”

Motel 6 Vero Beach, FL
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I booked this hotel through a friend that has a new travel business online. My party got 2 rooms for 2 nights on the ground floor since my mother is handicapped and recently had her 4th hip surgery. After unpacking all of her things, she discovered that her toilet had no seat! A lid, but no actual seat! She had to turn her walker around and suspend herself above the toilet in order to use it. When she let the attendant at the hotel desk know, she was informed that this could not be fixed until the next morning. They offered to let her move upstairs, but this was not an option because of her handicap. The next morning, my mom called the desk to inquire about the toilet seat and was told that no one had told them about it. It took three more phone calls before the toilet lid was replaced. The room was hot since the air condition didn't work very well. The bathrooms were not clean. When we asked to speak with a manager at checkout, we were told that he wasn't there and could not be reached by phone. Needless to say, we were very upset with the service, as was our friend that booked the rooms for us. On top of everything, the hotel was supposed to use our debit card to hold the rooms, and then charge the card upon check out. However, they charged our card the day the rooms were booked and subsequently caused 3 checks to bounce out of my account the day before my direct deposit hit. My bank was unwilling to refund the three $35.00 charges, because this overdraft was not due to bank error. My friend who has the travel company refunded the overdraft fees, but it was not her mistake that our card was charged. She and her company are pursuing this case further, but she and I agreed that it would be best to warn everyone else that tis hotel leaves a LOT to be desired!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 16 February 2009

Just for overnight. We use the hotel on the way from Miami to Orlando. When camed to the room, we want to use heating, it was cold in the room, but the heating did not worked. After question to reception, we got another room, but heating did not work nighter. Just for overnight. No complimentary breakfest avalible.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skopik
Reviewed 27 December 2008

We stayed here because it is one of four in town that accepts pets. It was the least expensive option. (The rates had gone up for 'season' at the other hotel we used last month). Our room was basically clean and a typical average motel king size bed room with tv, dorm size fridge, microwave, tv, and safe. However, the fridge was quite rusty which was unappealing. Also, the rubber seal was quite loose, which is probably why the freezer section was completely frozen solid! Our room key didn't work in our first room, so we had to wait for the young clerk to come out and try it for himself. He finally decided to give us another room -- after he contacted maintenance. I pointed out that we had a cat and that both of us needed to use the toilet immediately (we had been driving for two hours). A professional would have given us the new room key FIRST and then taken care of the broken door/key.

The safe was inconveniently placed adjacent to the sink, so it was impossible to stand next to the sink. The hairdryer was on the wall at a height of over five feet, so the length of the cord was 'wasted' going up and then back down, combined with the location of the safe, making it all but impossible to dry my hair.

We had trouble with the internet, having to hold our device up to the window to get a signal. My fiance finally discovered that the signal was strongest in the bathroom! So the inconvenient safe became his desk!!

The placement of the bathroom door was also inconvenient. It opened just missing the corner of the fridge/microwave, then just missing the corner of the bed/comforter, and finally was flush against the back wall -- right in front of the light switches for the two parts of the bathroom (sink and toilet areas)!!!

On the first morning, housekeeping knocked at 8:30am and when I told the woman we were in bed, she still wanted to come in! I spoke to the manager, who said we shouldn't be disturbed before 11am. The second day she came at 9:30, but it was Christmas day and we had planned to sleep until noon. (There wasn't one of those Do Not Disturb cards). Finally on the third morning, she waited til almost 10am (!) and when I explained that we like to sleep in while on vacation (and don't require new towels every single day or someone to make the bed) she gave us a Do Not Disturb card to hang on the door. Too bad it wasn't there the first day.

I would recommend asking for a room NOT at the front of the motel. The garbage truck came quite early one day and the noise woke us up. The I-HOP is convenient and the food is fine. My parents eat breakfast there most weekends.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Kocickasmom
Reviewed 14 December 2008

Well - what can I say - no problems here at all. It's a basic budget motel on the outskirts of Vero Beach, not far from the outlet centre.

I agree with the previous reviewer, the rooms are nicer than you would expect. They are clean and comfortable, have all the necessaries, and free WiFi. We got a good walk in rate with a coupon from the Room Saver booklet.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2008

Got it for $43 per night. They have a great selection of tv channels. No complimentary breakfast. Rooms are much better looking than expected if you view the motel on the outside. The room is alittle old and dingy. Bathroom is tiny. A two and a half star rating on a five star scale.

If you are expecting a little beyond a three star rating, try the Hampton Inn or Country Inn & Suites.

Decent place to bunk it for a night on a low budget.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 12 November 2008

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The Front desk was nice and helpful! The rooms were clean and the pool was great. It was close to shopping and was very affordable!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family