“Fine dining”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is considered one of the best restaurants in Vero Beach, and it is my favorite one. We choose to go the The Tides for special occasions and when friends are in town. It is housed in an old house and has an outdoor covered patio area with a little bar as well. Excellent food and ambiance.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had been here in the spring and my mother had a less than stellar meal.. I was visiting her this week and went again and I was so glad we did. I am a really picky eater and yet I had 4-5 decisions to make regarding my meal.. Alas, though pompano ( a real treat and only available for a short time in Florida) was on the menu, the storms had prevented the boats getting out so I had to settle for the special fish.. hog snapper.. while it's name is ugly, the fish sure was delicious. I had remembered the portion size was generous here so my mother and I shared the special salad. anything with goat cheese and sun dried figs has to be yummy and this was. for dessert I had the trio of creme brulees which did not disappoint and nary a drop was left.. Our server was outstanding as well. Really a lovely evening and this will now be a "must do" when visiting in Vero Beach. last night was surprisingly busy for a Thursday evening.. I would recommend reservations especially if you want to sit outside

1  Thank catsandroses
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was on our list of " must try" restaurants. Service was very good, food was delicious.
We sat outside, shared a great bottle of wine although their list is pretty limited. We really enjoyed a leisurely pace for dinner. It was early in " the season" and the coveted Pompano fish wasn't yeat available...alas, we'll need to go back!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Had heard a lot about The Tides but this was our first visit. Had a group of 6 and everyone enjoyed all courses. Service was great! Eating outdoors on a beautiful night is always a plus. Definitely will be back!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Upon walking up to the hostess station was greeted and told our table was almost ready. Within a couple of minutes we were seated and Kenny introduced himself as our server. Staff was very attentive to our table and food presentations were fabulous as well as the dishes were well flavored and delightful. Would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion .

Been to The Tides? Share your experiences!