“Like cars? You'll love this place!”

Mrs. Mac's Fillin' Station
Ranked #8 of 328 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are causal dinning in a yesteryear atmosphere, Step back in time as you enter our restaurant full of auto memorabilia, we think our collectibles remind us of a quieter, less hectic time when you could find a comfy seat at the corner station chat and chuckle with your neighbors. We're delighted to share our cozy reminders of those days gone by and hope you sit back,relax and enjoy a freshly prepared fabulous meal. Cruz-in and try some pistons (wings) a diesel dog or maybe a Duesenburg is more your style. Serving breakfast and lunch 6 days a week and dinner on Thursday/Friday nights.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The name should give you a clue, as this place is full of car memorabilia. Even the menu front page is a license plate!
The food is also pretty good and very reasonably priced.
It's always busy so be prepared for a wait.
The only negative is that it doesn't open on Sunday, the day I'm most likely going out for brunch!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have been eating at Ms Macs for years. The food has always been good. This time was a very bad experience. My wife and I order the simple mechanics special. My wife order her eggs over medium. I also order the same ask the waitress "wildcat" ( waitresses have car names) for extra onions on my potatoes. We were served our food no onions at all on the potatoes and both orders of eggs were over cooked. My wife told the waitress about her eggs. They were sent back to the kitchen. A short time afterwards the were served in the same way. Between all of this, we were never given refills for our beverages. At this point my wife said we are done. Waitress did not apologize or ask if we wanted to see a manager. She gave us the bill. At this time, I seen the hostess "Duster" and explain the story. At this point she took my wife's breakfast off the bill. If you eat at Ms Macs beware of the "wildcat"

jeff M, Owner at Mrs. Mac's Fillin' Station, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Wow am I sorry to hear about your last dining experience at Mrs. Mac's. You have been dining with us for some time now, I wish you would have asked to speak to a manager, we don't train our service writers to ask if you would like to speak to a manager, if you have a problem please tell the service writer you need to talk to the management. We always strive for great food and service at Mrs. Mac's, I'm glad Duster was able to help you. Please don't hold this last experience against us, and I will personally talk to Wildcat about her service and what we expect. Hope to see you again, and when we do well please be sure to review us again and let everyone know how we are doing.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The atmosphere and decor is very cool, old style. Everything is car related, the servers even introduce themselves as *service writers*. All items on menu have car related names: little deuce coupe is pancakes (2), blue deuce is blueberry pcakes, so cute and the food and service is good :).

We really appreciate ALL the reviews we get, good or bad, they help us to learn where we can improve, and also they puff us up a little, so we can let our staff know how well they are doing. I want to thank all responders (reviewers) for taking the time to review us. Mrs. Mac's will continue to try and serve all of our guests fabulous food with wonderful service. Thank you again. "See ya" at the FIllin' Station.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

What a Fun Place. I recently heard about this place for Breakfast, however, we spotted it around lunch time and thought we would give it a try. It was fun just being there and the service was excellent. The menu was an old attached to an old license plate and the waitress was dressed in coveralls, carrying a window cleaner. The menu was extensive and there was sooooo much to choose from that I changed my mind 3 times. So I started with a root beer float and I was in heaven. It is served with the extra root beer so I was able to keep replenishing the float through out my meal. I ended up with a BLT, which was served with a pickle and POPCORN. Really!!!!
My spouse got a Cheese Steak with a pickle and popcorn also. The food was great. The waitress attentive and the prices just right. We will definitely be back when we are in the neighborhood, which I hope will be often.

1  Thank mike392
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great retro look Dinner. Superb Breakfast and good Value. You could spend a day looking at all the wall hangings!
A "must" visit.