“by far the best of 4 hotels where we stayed on our trip to Florida”

Comfort Suites Vero Beach
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We arrived at night and were cordially welcomed by Vito who made us feel at home immediately.
This property is very clean, breakfast really good, and it was very quiet (I assume it was not fully booked?).
Coming up from Ft. Lauderdale airport, this hotel was our gateway to Kennedy Space Center which is easy to reach by car. After two nights, we headed down south to the Everglades, taking fond memories with us.
YES, we definitely recommend this hotel.

Note: If you arrive by car in the dark, it is easy to miss the access road to the hotel. It is between two gas stations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rockiesfan2013

Reviewed 27 March 2014

went for a wedding,very nice hotel, right off the exit, close to everything. check in was fast and friendly, room was clean and comfortable and quiet, had all the amenities, good breakfast, stayed well stocked. nice pool. would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: stayed on third floor, no noise, king size bed with sofa, very comfortable room
1  Thank marajar
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a very good, quiet, clean, and well-run hotel with a better than average complementary breakfast. What sets it apart from others in its class is Vito, Chelsea, and their colleagues at the desk. Their exuberance is a tonic for the weary traveler and their small favors similarly refreshing. Tell Vito what sort of meal you want and he'll steer you to the right place. The Citrus Grille was just what we were looking for and Vito's insistence that the drive wasn't a problem was right on!

Room Tip: 224 is a great small suite room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We simply did not have any problem with our stay at this motel. Check-in went well, the room was well furnished and clean and breakfast the next morning was very good. In fact, our room was on the third floor overlooking the roof of the entrance and, perhaps 300 yards away, I-95. Still, we did not hear any noise. We had a comfortable king-size bed, a comfortable couch & chairs, a good TV and a fine bathroom.

The breakfast room was spacious and well-furnished. They had freshly-cooked scrambled eggs and sausage which were replaced frequently. The waffle machine worked well. There were a large assortment of cereals, yogurt, many pastries and the usual coffee and juices.

This is perhaps the most energy-conserving property we have stayed in in the US. We usually leave the bathroom light on and the door ajar as a kind of night light. In this motel, the bathroom light turned itself off after a period of disuse. This left us in the dark for those nightly trips. Still, we applaud their energy-saving efforts and will bring a small night light with us next time.

Room Tip: While our room on the front side was quiet, we would be inclined to choose a room on the back side o...
Reviewed 21 March 2014

In checking into the hotel, all was fine and initial impressions seemed good. The lobby was nice along with the morning buffet area. Where this experience went bad was when we started to turn down the bed to go to sleep. When looking at the sheets we discovered two foul-smelling brown stains, one on the top sheet and the second on the fitted sheet. As it was past midnight, I went to the front desk to ask for new sheets. I informed the front desk of the issue and asked for new sheets and she confirmed the bed size. When I went back to the room I found out the sheets did not fit. As it was late, and I was already disgusted by the experience, I did not go back down yet again. In the morning I went to the front desk to make sure they were aware of the experience. I was informed the night staff never reported any problem. They took the notes, and said they would report it to the manager. As I went back to the room I realized looking around there were more stains than we initially noticed, including brown splatter stains behind the toilet, and brown stains on the floor leading from the bed in the direction of the bathroom . Thinking that my concerns had already gone to the manager, we left, and I felt assured I would receive some kind of response. However a week later I still had not heard anything. I then reported this to the corporate complaint line. After 72 hours I received a message from the manager, which was one of the rudest emails I have ever received. He claimed that they 'inspected the room' upon our departure and found that the stains did not exist. Well no offense to his inspection team, but if the same person who cleaned the room also inspected the room, I am not surprised. Either housekeeping defecated on the sheets and left it there, or did not change the sheets at all. Either way, we are horrified and will never set foot in this hotel again. He also attempted to give a timeline of events according to his night clerk, even though said night clerk never took any notes of the event, per the desk clerk in the morning. Only at the end of the email did we get an extremely half hearted apology. I understand that things happen and I am a reasonable person, but I am horrified at managements' lack of attention to the customer and lack of concern. The manager claimed there were no stains but I have photos which prove the opposite. If you want a place to rest your head, and aren't concerned with customer care or cleanliness, then this hotel is for you.

4  Thank Therealrodcone
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We had to stay due to a flat tire on our motorcycle so we were not planning on staying here. but I can tell you that whoever wrote the bad reviews about this place have no idea what they're talking about. The place is kept immaculate. The people at the front desk we're extremely helpful and sympathetic to what happened to us. The room that we were in had a fantastic bed. Everything in the room was in tip top shape. The pool area is adequate. But they do not have a hot tub even though there was one here. The food that they serve for breakfast was actually real food not that powdered eggs or microwaved junk. I could tell you for the price this is probably one of the nicest Comfort Suites we have been in. We would definitely come back. Also I could tell you that the management here went out of their way to make us comfortable. If you were in this area this is the place to stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Can not sit and visit with friends in lobby, without being told to be quiet. Pool closes at dusk, dirt in hot tub. Can not sit in dining area unless it's breakfast. Rude front desk. Owner lives in hotel and wants quiet. Not a fun stay!!! Oh, and they charge you for a safe even if don't use! Air conditioning doesn't work! Two thumbs down for this stay!

• Stayed: March 2014