“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Avanzare Ristorante - MOVED

Avanzare Ristorante
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th street
Description: This is the best restaurant in Vero Beach!! You can't get in without a reservation. Look at the other web sites - yelp, urban spoon, etc. 772-978-9789
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The menu is so great...Italian....hubby loved his "shrimp and Grits" and I loved the salmon with crispy gnocchi! You HAVE to try the Tiramisu! Great service

Visited May 2014

Vero Beach, Florida
“Wow! Factor in downtown Vero Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is definitely one of the best places in Vero Beach. Their creative nouvelle Italian cuisine is unbeatable. We have eaten here since they opened, and have never been disappointed. It's always fun to try one of the daily specials the chef is trying out. The owners are always on site supervising every detail. It can get pretty noisy when it is full, as it frequently is. So, it might not be the best choice for those looking to have a private conversation over dinner.

• Visited May 2014
Clayton, New York
“Wicked Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Since I'm watching the derby and routing for Wicked Strong, I picked the appropriate title. What a great restaurant. Definitely make reservations. I have not seen a better group of servers; we had Melissa and she was spot on. Out every need was anticipated, and she knew the menu and specials intimately. The best item on the menu is the short rib lasagna, it will defy all expectations. I had a great steak; my wife had scallops with too many mushrooms. My brother in law had .... I can't recall.... but he loved it. Take a ride to historic downtown and enjoy Avanzare!

Visited April 2014
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great establishment, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The only place to sit on a busy Friday night was at the bar for a beverage and quick snack during a downpour at art walk. It was the perfect place to sit as the barmaid was very personable and fun....I had lamb meatballs that were out of this world....everyone enjoyed what they had even a chocolate martini....will go back again soon.

Visited May 2014
Toronto
“An unusual location for a great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

A group of 9 of us went to this interesting Italian restaurant last night. The restaurant is located on a side street in Vero Beach - a nice area but not one I would usually go to if looking for a great restaurant, particularly with so many restaurants to choose from in the more upscale Beach area.
We had reservations and were greeted at the door and quickly shown to our large table. Service was quick to follow with our drink orders being taken and a small 'amuse bouche' provide for each diner. The server described in detail what was spread on the small crostini square - it was indeed delicious. Our drinks arrived quickly and also plenty of fresh bread and delicious oil for dipping. We were allowed to sip on our drinks and settle in before the server arrived to take our dinner orders. I had a Zuppa Pesce - absolutely delicious. A large variety of seafood - scallops, shrimp, mussels, clams and more served on a bed of fettuccine with an amazing broth poured over. My husband had lasagne which he said was flavourful and rich in cheese. I elected to have a house salad which was wonderfully crisp lettuce with small pieces of fruit and a house dressing. My husband decided to try the grilled Caesar - romaine leaves topped with cheese, finished with grilled vegetables and then popped under the broiler - he said that it was interesting but that next time he would opt for a more conventional caesar. In between the salads and main course we were offered a frozen peach 'mouth freshener'. Other diners chose lobster baked in cheese with a white wine sauce over pasta and another chicken. Everyone enjoyed their meal. We were all too full for dessert but one elected to take a slice of banana, caramel bread pudding home to warm up and eat later.
The service throughout the meal was excellent, drink refills were brought very quickly. At no point did we feel hurried. I was amazed at the end of the meal when we were offered separate bills - really convenient when you are with a large group and each couple is paying for their own.

The restaurant was busy when we arrived at 6:15pm and still busy when we left at 8:00pm (on a Tuesday evening). Although the restaurant is quite dark it was never gloomy.

• Visited April 2014