“"Di Mare is a special place"”
Review of Di Mare Vero Beach

Di Mare Vero Beach
Ranked #18 of 322 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in a quiet corner of beautiful Vero Beach, Florida, Di Mare Vero Beach exemplifies fine dining by providing exquisite culinary delights with a unique ambience that can only be found here. Take a look around our site and then come in and see for yourself. Di Mare Vero Beach serves only the finest in gourmet French and Italian cuisine. Fly across the seas of the Atlantic and Mediterranean with the tastes of Paris to Milan and Venice to Nice. Di Mare Vero Beach's management, staff and cooks are dedicated to making your visit an exceptional dining experience. We believe the chef's "Old World" cooking ways are superb. Old World cooking requires a little more time, your patience is greatly appreciated. Come join us at Di Mare Vero Beach where French and Italian Cuisine take flight.
“"Di Mare is a special place"”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Di Mare is one of our favorite restaurant in Vero Beach! Your restaurant absolutely deserves 5 stars for its cuisine, wine list, service and ambience. I have never had anything that I didn't like! The staff is well trained, the cuisine is innovative, interesting, fresh and well-prepared using the freshest of ingredients. The Chef is a true master! He blends the flavors and the textures of all his dishes. He is inventive and respectful of his ingredients. I highly recommend everything on the menu!" Thank you for a wonderful birthday dinner and the complimentary cheesecake was excellent!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jhart1045

Indian River County, FL
“Times are tough, but throw away the bad seafood.”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Strange feeling from the beginning - had to go through 3 people to meet our waiter when we were the only people there. Crab meat casserole appetizer tasted very good, but had probably been waiting for customers way past it prime. Before the entrees arrived, very sick - waited 15 minutes to pay $110 to pay for that old seafood (which was left on the side of the road just down the street in a very sickly way). May have been a great place, probably just needed deeper pockets to become established.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank szimm1
edyta12, Owner at Di Mare Vero Beach, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Too loaded to realize!
First mistake:
time change... when you walked in in our establishment yesterday it was.4.30PM not 5.30PM , we open for service at 5.00 pm but we were nice enough to let you in, your waiter was still working on his opening duties but we made sure that we started you with drinks and bread. naturally we were still closed so you were alone in the place.
Second mistake:
by the time you received your crabmeat casserole appetizer ( wich you delayed) you had already three glasses of wine and your companion five cocktails ( don't know how many you had before you came in) but we noticed( maybe too late) that you were both very drunk
no matter how fresh the seafood was it would have taken a miracle for you not to be sick . so lets blame it on the meal.
When your entrees were served you were already too sick to even touch them( by the way it takes at least 2 hours for symptoms of food poisonning to start showing) so you asked your waiter to wrap them( why if it was so bad?) and ask for the bill to be presented right away, wich he did.
Morale:
If you enjoy drinking in a public establishment ,do a better job holding your liquor if not stay home and don't blame anyone.
We do not need deeper pockets to become established ,we have been at this location for more than three years and owned another restaurant for more than ten years , we enjoy a great reputation.
Instead make sure you have enough money in your pockets to pay your bill, your companion credit card was denied and he didn't even have enough cash to leave a tip for the waiter, sad......
Warren, Vermont
“Solid Food, nice people”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Solid Wine list on the slightly expensive side. Two sections of appetizers both hot and cold, nice salad selections then Pastas and Entrees. Calamari Fritti with red sauce was very good, I then had the beef tenderloin au poivre. Beef was cooked exactly how I asked, sauce and peppercorns were perfect! Veg medley and potato were very nice, very old school. My wife had the mozzarella and tomato, all very good, she then had shrimp Sofia, very large shrimp in a light cream sauce over spaghetti , very nice. We chose a Trimbach, Alsatian, Pinot Blanc, fairly priced and it was a 2009, very nice, and a great value with that vintage! Server was very good and casual, owners were both there and very lovely!

“Awesome”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We had a great dinner I felt as if I was at a restaurant in the Northend of Boston. They made the most wonderful veal saltomboca not an item on their menu. They were glad make it for me special. They let me know they had no sage I said fine I don't like sage anyway. It was awesome. Additionally their is the Piano player Johnny Nick as good as it gets lively music. Ala Billie Joel.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jhart1045
Vero Beach, Florida
“Nice little place to eat.”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Nothing really stood out as my friend and I dined last Friday night. Sort of typical Italian décor, not a broad menu and certainly not a typical spaghetti and meat ball place. They do offer a summer special if you arrive early and have your order in by 6 PM. I has a so so salad and a crepe appetizer, two glasses of champagne and walked away with almost a $60 tap, tip included. Seemed pricy for what I ate. They had a man playing the piano in the bar and do have outdoor dining. Tried this restaurant when it was the Dove in it's former location. I was equally unimpressed then and had hoped they would improve with they moved to a more upscale city. Very handy if you are staying on South Beach as it is within walking distance to all the hotels.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gourmetonthego32963
edyta12, Owner at Di Mare Vero Beach, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
I just wanted to mention that our menu consist of twelve different appetizers and twenty five main entrees, it certainely not as extensive as a chinese restaurant menu but I believe for a fine dining restaurant we have plenty of choices.
I have to agree that this is not a typical meatball and spaghetti restaurant , the cuisine is from southern France ( Nice) ,we serve fresh seafood, steak, veal and few pasta dishes.
being on beachside our prices are reasonable : glass of Mumm , Napa Valley champagne is $ 9.00, your salad was a caesar which is 8.00, your seafood crepe appetizer was $15.00 ( one of the most expensive on our appetizer menu , average is about $ 11.00 and your server eager to please gave you 1/2 a glass of Reisling for $ 4.00 ( we only serve full glasses)
We also have live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights ( free of charge)
Thank you for leaving a generous tip , I hope you enjoyed the service.