“Overpriced, mediocre food.”

Di Mare Vero Beach
Ranked #17 of 324 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in a quiet corner of beautiful Vero Beach, Florida, Di Mare Vero Beach exemplifies fine dining by providing exquisite culinary delights with a unique ambience that can only be found here. Take a look around our site and then come in and see for yourself. Di Mare Vero Beach serves only the finest in gourmet French and Italian cuisine. Fly across the seas of the Atlantic and Mediterranean with the tastes of Paris to Milan and Venice to Nice. Di Mare Vero Beach's management, staff and cooks are dedicated to making your visit an exceptional dining experience. We believe the chef's "Old World" cooking ways are superb. Old World cooking requires a little more time, your patience is greatly appreciated. Come join us at Di Mare Vero Beach where French and Italian Cuisine take flight.
Miami, Florida
“Overpriced, mediocre food.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Although this restaurant had gluten free vegetarian options the food which was a nice surprise, the food was far less than expected. The food read to be much better than it was, the beef pasta sauce my boyfriend ordered was essentially "ragu with beef cooked into it." My espresso tasted like it was made in an unclean espresso machine, and burnt. And the food was expensive, I could have made food four times better at home for half of the price. Although the staff were polite, helpful and nice, they could not make up for the poor food quality. Never recommend or return there unless there is a significant change made.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lisa A
edyta12, Owner at Di Mare Vero Beach, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Lisa
I am sorry about your disappointment , but I am not sure about the dish you are referring to (Ragu with beef into it) because we do not serve any ragu of beef in our menu.
the only dish with ground beef and marinara over linguine would be our Bolognese which I am proud to say every one raves about, and the price is only $21.00 for a healthy portion.
I am wondering if you were in the wright restaurant since there is two Italian restaurants on the same block.
there has been a lot of confusion lately with both restaurant starting with the letter D .
I am saying that because I see that you posted a review the same day on Will's 55 which used to be next to us and has been closed for a year?
If not I apologize about your bad experience.

“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We went here to celebrate my birthday. The smoked salmon and the escargot were excellent. I had the dover sole and my husband had the veal chop and both were very good. However the service was very slow. The atmosphere is very nice and our waitress was very good. The slow service was not her fault. We will probably go back and try it again after season is over.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Josy39
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Di mare is a charming continental restaurant in Vero beach. Fabulous food and an extensive wine list add up to a wonderful dining experience. Their rib-eye is great. Cooked exactly as i asked. My husband had the Zuppa di mare and it was out of this world. Defiantly will be back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank debbie s
Palm Bay, Florida
“A great place for dining”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Was taken here for my birthday and had a very enjoyable time with family and friends.
Arrived a little after our reservation, but as we had called ahead they had our table setup and waiting for us. A very cute place, comfortable interior, not overly bright and you could actually hear your conversations!
The wait staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, being as this was our first time dining here. We ordered as appetizers; Perogies, Scungilli salad and a Mozzarella and tomato salad. The tomatoes were not as good as they could have been, but other than that no other complaints.
I had the Shrimp Fra Diavalo and it was excellent, not too spicy and the shrimp (5) were large, fresh and firm. I was told the Grouper was excellent as also was the Bolognese sauce and the other specialty entrees.
The menu is online and if you're not into seafood or Italian, this may not be the place for you.

I WOULD definitely go back and enjoy this fine restaurant again!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank hdfrompbfl
“As delicious as before”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We came back to Vero after the summer and decided to check this restaurant out again. Food just as tasty as I remembered. Seafood in their signature dish , zuppa di mare, especially lobster and shrimp , were to die for. My husband ate every last bite of his rib eye. Will definitely come back with some friends pretty soon !!
Goat cheese salad is a must !!

Visited January 2014