“Osceola Bistro just keeps getting better”
Review of Osceola Bistro

Osceola Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Osceola Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 324 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Vero Beach, Florida
“Osceola Bistro just keeps getting better”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We don't leave the barrier island too often to eat out in Vero, but when we do the Osceola Bistro is at the top of our list. Why? Because the food just keeps getting better. This restaurant is dedicated to doing great things with local foods. And luckily, Indian River County has a lot to offer. Today the Grouper over greens was especially good. But the peach cobbler was off the chart wonderful. The local peaches, peach coulis and pastry were delicious.

• Visited May 2014

“Nice indoor-outdoor choice”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We ate inside, but they have a covered outdoor area and an uncovered area. Nice atmosphere.
I had the shrimp bisque, which was flavorful, but not as creamy as described. Also had the Vietnamese veggie spring roll, which was too spicy for me, but others might like it. My husband has the short ribs,which were pretty good. Like a good pot roast.
You probably need reservations if you want to sit outside.

1 Thank Leighdee30
“Exceptional Waitress Annie”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Five of us had lunch there on Thursday, April 10th. I was the first to arrive. I informed the hostess immediately that our reservation of seven (outdoor seating) would now be for five people instead. She still sat me at this long table set up for seven people. I got up and found the hostess and asked her if we could change our long table to a smaller round table instead. I felt the hostess was annoyed I even asked to change tables after she sat me there at a very long table for seven, even though I told her two people couldn't make it.

Annie, our waitress, quickly set up the table for us without any problem. She informed me of all the specials on the menu that day as well, while I was waiting for the rest of my party to join me. She knew I had to leave early for another appointment.

When the rest of my party arrived, our waitress Annie was very prompt, knew the menu items very well and was very accommodating to our needs. A real gem of an employee for the bistro to have employed there.

I ordered the roasted turkey sandwich from the menu. Several other ladies also wanted it. But we were told mine was the last one they had. Not the waitress fault by any means. It's the establishment fault for having an item on the menu and running out of it? And this was noontime.

The sandwich was very good. The dipping gravy could use more spices and the home made potato chips were very tiny. Like the size of a teaspoon. They were just okay. I think a bag of Lay's Lightly Salted Potato Chips would have been a much better choice.

To sum up:
Annie is an excellent waitress. The roasted turkey sandwich was very good, minus the potato chips and dipping gravy. The hostess on duty that day, could have shown a little more finesse. (She wasn't the owner. I asked)

1 Thank PJSUNSHINE
Vero Beach, Florida
“Hidden Trasure in 'Old Vero'”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Located across from main Post Office this is an excellent place for lunch. Service is quick with a lot of personal attention. Luncheon Menu was small but every selection sounded wonderful.. there are also at least four daily specials. The chef is excellent and the food does not disappoint. Prices are on the steep side but you get what you pay for.

1 Thank Storyteller-N03
Sherrills Ford, North Carolina
“Nice Classy Place”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here a couple of times and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Very nice variety of offerings. The chicken wings as an appetizer were very good. The shrimp pasta with feta cheese was excellent. Service is top notch.