“Fabulous Food, Attractive Decor, and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Quilted Girafe

Quilted Girafe
Ranked #82 of 321 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Fabulous Food, Attractive Decor, and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

From the outside, you might not ever guess what a treasure lies inside the Quilted Giraffe. The decor is eclectic and inviting. We were seated in a cozy corner lined with book shelves, but there was a large, airy section that looked tropical and inviting. We had a reservation for our group of six, four of whom had dined at the Giraffe. Before. The repeat guests all had favorites to recommend and none of them disappointed. A soup starter was fabulous, a duck entree superb, and scallops delectable. The salmon was described by one member of our group as like "eating candy" as a result of its walnut glaze. The mashed potatoes were perfect, salads fresh and generous in size. We had traveled about forty minutes to get there and it was well worth the drive!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Faith D

Canada
“Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

What makes a restaurant special? For me it starts with a pleasant, clean, homey decor, a superb wait staff, delicious food and reasonable prices. The Quilted Girafe in Vero Beach has it all. We've visited and enjoyed this establishment before but what inspired me to offer it for review this evening is that even on an exceptionally busy evening, our service was so personable and attentive from our waiter Scott (Great Scott) and was accentuated by a visit from the chef himself. Scott has that wonderful ability to make each person feel very special even when he is very rushed and busy. I highly recommend the Chicken Rollatini, two succulent chicken breasts stuffed with a delicious spinach parmesan sauce and accompanied with homemade soup or salad, potatoes, fresh veggies and bread.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Abbycat47
Groveland, Florida
“VERY GOOD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Went there for dinner with my wife on a Sunday evening in February. The place was packed and we managed to get one of the last 3 open tables. The service was not as good as we were told, but considering how busy they were, we accepted it as it was. Both appetizers and main courses were very tasty and the presentation was very nice. Strongly recommend trying it.
If we ever are going to be in the area again, we will definitely return.

Visited February 2014
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Three girlfriends and I went for Sunday Brunch at The Quilted Giraffe this past Sunday. It was a very enjoyable experience. We had good service, good ambience and, most importantly, good food. If you want all these PLUS good value, go for Sunday Brunch to The Quilted Giraffe! We'll be back. We are also planning to return and try dinner.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Josie C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacularly Uninspired Sunday Brunch Buffet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

On a recommendation from church members we took our Sunday guests to the brunch offering. We made a reservation and were told to on time as Sunday is very busy. When we arrived at noon it must have been a slow day (in prime winter season) as the place was half empty. We were greeted heartily and seated at a none too clean glass table without table cloth or even place mats. I decided that a glass of wine might be nice until I perused the wine menu. With its collection of essentially $6 wines, I decided to forgo the opportunity. (OK, I am a wine snob, but any restaurant that sells $30 to $35 Entrees should not expect patrons to drink absolute plonk.)

We were told to serve ourselves from the buffet at the back. At first I thought the buffet was a joke and I started to go and see the rest of it in the next room when I realized the next room was just a large mirror. So back we went. Nothing was labeled and in the semi-darkness the food was difficult to identify. The hash browns turned out to be fried apples. I am one of those weird individuals who like to know what I am eating. Silly me! Forgive me my food allergies. I decided to stick to items I could identify, which turned out to be only scrambled eggs(?) and bacon. There was no bread or rolls of any kind. I think there may have been some overdone micro muffins but it was hard to tell.

Admittedly this mini buffet, probably to most pathetic I have seen outside of a church fund raiser breakfast was only $11.

The service for drinks was slow and we had to ask twice for lemon for the water. In spite of the slowness of the response, servers seemed to be on the run (literally), which did not do much for the atmosphere and was somewhat unnerving

All in all, not a great experience. Not recommended for the Sunday Brunch!

Visited February 2014