Sea Spray Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
South Beach Place(Vero Beach)
View Hotel
The Islander Inn(Vero Beach)
Driftwood Resort(Vero Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Turtle Inn(Vero Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop deckold floridaseparate bedroomretro feelmiddle aged coupletrundle bedbeach towels and chairsshort walkscreen doorboogie boardscleaning servicenice poolfull kitchenmodern hotelpublic beachsmall kitcheneasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I never leave 3 star reviews. This place is cute from the outside entrance and its located steps from the parking lot to the beach. There is a cool and an semi working outdoor shower. We stayed in the biggest room - 204. it was a corner unit. the a/c was blowing cold and the set up the rooms were great. the sun was shining and it was a very bright room. Full registration and kitchen area. Im giving it a three star because the place needs a huge overhaul. We paid 169.99 for one night and I feel that the room was maybe worth 99.99 a night at max. the shower had one of those rubber mats inside the there were only two towels, which were hanging in the shower. this always bothers me, as i travel often. why on earth when there is room outside the shower do you put towels inside the shower. I am 6'4 and there is no way that works. The decor and furnishings were completely outdated and the bedskirts on the twin beds have splashes, spills and nasty 'stuff' on them from previous guests. I didn't feel the room was clean and didn't every walk barefoot. The queen bed was comfy for the one night, but was much too old to sleep on more than one night. The living room furntiture was so cold we didn't even sit on it and this also goes for the kitchen table. This place has such prime location and could be so much better. Im worried to see what the other rooms looked like, as reading your responses below it sounds like 204 is the best room in the house. I would only stay here again for the half the price and for 1-2 nights while i visit my Grandmother in Vero. Check out the piano bar around the corner. Super cute!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SeaSprayInnVero, Owner at Sea Spray Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We see that you have posted approximately thirty reviews on tripadvisor. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us as well.

We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.

As the owner, it is very difficult to disagree with a guest, however, after much thought and consideration, I felt as though I needed to address several of your claims that I found to be incorrect.

The carpet in your room is only six months old and is not dirty. I personally inspected all bed skirts in the room after reading your review and found no stains or debris as you described.

Rubber mats are placed in bathtubs for your safety so I do not understand why you would complain about that.

We consider all of our rooms to be the best room. The room that you stayed in is our largest room.

Also, you traveled on a holiday weekend when rates are higher at most hotels.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was very satisfied with the room and the location. The staff was excellent. However when I met a customer who had a room exactly the same size and paid 139.00 and I paid 209.00 it made the great qualitys this hotel had lesson.

• Stayed: April 2014
SeaSprayInnVero, Owner at Sea Spray Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Karla,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on tripadvisor. Input from our guests is always welcomed.

We are glad that you were satisfied with the location, room and staff.

I am sorry that another guest told you that they had the same room as yours at a lower price as your room is the one and only of that room type.

The room that you stayed in was room 204. It has a queen bed in the bedroom along with two twins in the living/kitchen area. This is a unique room as it is the only one with three separate beds which works nicely for a party of three as you were. It is also our largest room.

We hope that you will stay with us again should your travels return you to Vero Beach.

Kind regards,
Sea Spray Inn

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I'm in town on business and looked at several places in the Vero Beach area before finding this HIDDEN GEM. Quiet. Safe. Homelike. Off the beaten path. Walking distance to a beautiful beach. Pool. Great people. Great service. Beautiful setting. Relaxing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WABJR
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were in Vero for a wedding and selected the Sea Spray Inn based on the trip advisor rating for a 2 night stay, 05/02-03. What a mistake! We would have left upon arrival but had a nonrefundable deposit thus did stay. Room 201 is filthy, miserably maintained, from black grout in the shower to non closing sink, a miserable shower experience, to chipped door frames, color stained miss matched wicker furniture, stained carpet and more, the AC a single unit probably 10+ years old for 2 rooms is extemely loud, the fan speed can't be adjusted. Neither coffee nor soap amenities were replaced, etc.etc. In summary my worst price value experience for a long time!
A rate of $119.- does not justify the above shortcomings! ATM

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andreas M
SeaSprayInnVero, Owner at Sea Spray Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

As the owner, I wish that you had come to me during your stay so I could have remedied anything that you found to be unsuitable.

Kind regards,
772-231-5210

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Sea Spray Inn, is our home away from home. This was our 4th time, visiting this cozy little hideaway, just 1 block from the beach, We hope to make it back, again, next year. We never feel like guests, instead we feel like family. Leslie was kind enough to mail a sweater, I left behind. She already had it packed & mailed, before I even missed it. We love the convenient location, the comfortable rooms, the heated pool & especially the owners of the Sea Spray Inn. Thank You, for always making us feel comfortable & cozy in your home, away from home.
Greg & Linda, The Oregonians