“No Complaints”
Review of Sea Spray Inn

Sea Spray Inn
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I stayed with Deb & Dan for a few days in July. I have no complaints. They went out of their way to put a six pack of beer in 'frig for me as I arrived late in the evening. Not a 5 star hotel, just a warm friendly place to 'hang your hat' while going to the beach, tootling around Vero. I SAY THIS PLACE ROCKS for the intended purposes!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank kuku2ker
There are newer reviews for Sea Spray Inn

Reviewed 24 March 2008

If you don't care about having a brand new, modern, top of the line room. And, are more interested in saving money, and being closer to the beach, then this is the place to go. The Inn is definetly dated and could use some work, but for the price you are paying its fine. The rooms are dated,, 50's, 60's original styling, but really who cares. I stayed a week in the room the other reviewers were in and the problems stated were so insignificant. Yeah the fridge was old and rusty on top, yeah the appliances were old, but everything worked, and everyhting was clean. I like the fact of having a full kitchen, it saved even more money and you were able to eat healthier. Everything is close by. The beautiful beach is only a half block away and everything else is a short drive away. This place is great for retirees, couples looking for some quiet time alone, or big families. The thing that impressed me the most was the hospitality. The owners Joe, Joan, and Al were great! They treat all there guests like they are family staying in there own home. They cooked a huge spread for St. Patricks Day for all their guests, homemade, and it was delicious! I feel blessed that i was able to meet these people and find this place. I will definetly be back.

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank dodge1Pa
Reviewed 12 January 2008

We stayed over Christmas as we were visiting family in town. My mom and I booked the room in person and viewed it. When my boyfriend and I arrived, we got a different, smaller room. The guy tried to convince me that that was the room we booked. I pointed out that it was at the opposite side of the building, so I couldn't be 'confused' or mistaken. He offered us a bigger room, which we accepted, but the original room was on the end with lots of windows. This turned out to be important because it would help to have a cross wind -- there was only a little window unit a/c in the bedroom and we couldn't really feel the cold in the little living room. Fortunately, it was cool that weekend and we really just wanted the a/c for humidity. I wouldn't go in the summer! Unless you don't mind sweating.

The bed in the non-smoking room reeked of cigarette and the smoke alarm was visibly disabled. Apparently there had been a very nice man there all summer. . . .

The bedside lamp was plugged into an outlet on the next wall, blocking access to the closet. The microwave and coffee maker where plugged into a monster cheapo 'power strip' that looked like an electrical fire ready to happen. And we couldn't find a plug for laptop, ipod, and phone. The wireless did work however. There is no phone in the room.

This is an older hotel and is one small block from a very nice public beach, on a quiet road off of A1A. There is a pizza joint a block away and Monte's restaurant three blocks away has excellent filet mignon. There is a 7-11 on A1A less than half a mile away and the room had fridge, stove, microwave, sink, and dishes. Basically it was like a cheap efficiency apartment. We might stay there again, but now we know what to expect. (Just not in the heat of summer!)

They apparently have recently changed management and are having some 'growing pains'.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Kocickasmom
Reviewed 26 December 2007

I'll agree with the previous reviews, but the property needs a LOT of work. The room we had was quite nice, but the window air conditioner was in the bedroom and had no effects in the living/dining area. They supplied a fan for the living room. Whoopee. Secondly, about half the electrical outlets didn't work and the guy had to show up 3 times to make fixes for us. Finally, the maid service was non-existent. We had to haul our towels to the office to get them replaced and did not get our bed remade in 3 nights there. We also had to go and get soap. The guy was very nice and very friendly and helpful, but we shouldn't have needed to ask him for the things we did. With some significant remodeling and a standardized maid service, the place would be a 5.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mtmaniac
Reviewed 19 November 2007

We really liked the Sea Spray. It's a cute, family place; nothing fancy but it's clean, comfortable, convenient and reasonable. It's half a block from the beach. The manager is friendly, knowledgable and helpful. There's a very good pizzaria one & a half block away (I definately do not recommend the eggplant parmigiana). The kitchenettes have all the basics adding to the Sea Sprays convenience and making trips healthier & more affordable (less eating in restaurants). Above the office is an peaceful veranda where I sat and enjoyed a drink while listening to the ocean's waves. Couldn't get our boys out of the recliners in the front room they were so comfortable. I've stay at some expensive, fancy hotels and not been as pleased. I'm going back this fall with my husband.
Wish I found this place sooner.
Barbara
Virgina Beach
PS I have never ranked any hotel 'excellent'.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank BarbaraVaBch
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2004

Hope I don't regret this review, it's hard enough getting a reservation at the Sea Spray!

Clean, roomy little place just off the beaten path. Takes you back to the good'ol days. Lovely area. Built in the mid'50's and little changed. Tacky but clean and fairly well maintained. Our suite had a separate bedroom and a usable kitchen with full-size frig and stove.

We're returning next year because of the other guests - very friendly snowbirds like us (mid 50's). Most of them come here every year. Pretty good pizza joint around the corner - try the Italian sampler for a light meal.

Stayed Feb. 2 to Feb. 8 2004. Booked for all of Feb. next year.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksonville, Fl
Reviewed 1 November 2003

The SeaSpray was a very different place. They layout was nice and the people were nice but the place was dirty and a little wierd. Some of the stuff there seemed like it was from a garage sale.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member