This is my first time writing a review. I don't like to complain about much, but I felt like I had to write about my experience. When I was shopping for a hotel in Vero Beach, I came across Sea Turtle. I wanted an apartment so I clicked on the website apartment link. Several pictures came up that show a nice looking, modern room. I assumed they represented all the apartments. I booked my room based on these pictures and the reasonable price. When I opened the door to my room, I thought I was in the wrong hotel. It looked nothing like the pictures. Besides the flat screen tv, I don't think much was updated since the 80's. Besides the old and worn out look of the apartment, there were other problems. The "king size" bed from the room description was really two single beds put together on a king frame. On top of that, they were very hard and uncomfortable. I didn't have one good sleep in four nights there. The ac units were small wall hangers that made alot of noise. The smoke alarm in the kitchen was hanging out of the ceiling by the electrical wires. The couch had a cover over it and that I didn't want to look under. My wife found a large cockroach I had to kill in the bathroom. They had no paper towels, sponges or dish soap. We had to go out and buy those the next day. I thought that is pretty standard for an apartment. The next day, I went to the office to ask about the rooms I saw on the website. The man working there said only two rooms were renovated and those were the rooms shown on the website. Of course, those two rooms were occupied so I couldn't move. I was there for a wedding and I knew many other guests staying there. If it wasn't for that I would have checked out and found another hotel. I just feel like I was very misled by the website pictures. If you only have two rooms that are updated then make them a deluxe apartment for a higher price so your customer knows not all rooms are like that. I have to say the staff was friendly and the location is good because there are a few places to eat and shop within walking distance. But if you care about having a nice room, I wouldn't stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will love the Sea Turtle Inn's Location! Just a 90 second walk from the ocean in Beautiful Central Beach. Step outside your efficiency, or your one or two bedroom apartment and walk to the beach, the finest restaurants or wonderful boutiques and elegant shops. Short walks will take you to Riverside Park, where you can play Tennis, enjoy the exercise paths under the ancient Oak Trees, enjoy the fine Arts Museum or attend the Riverside Live Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sea Turtle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Turtle Hotel Vero Beach
- Sea Turtle Motel
- Sea Turtle Inn Vero Beach, Florida