“Serious Fossil Collecting” 5 of 5 bubbles

Woodbridge, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Serious Fossil Collecting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you are serious about fossil collecting then a Paleo Discoveries trip is for you. My son and I made the trip from Virginia to Florida just to collect fossils at the famous Peace River and the trip was worth every dollar. Fred Mazza is serious about making sure you have the best chance of finding Megs as well as other large mammal fossils. I have taken other trips in FL with other expeditions and was dissappointed as it was obvious that they took us to places that had been over-collected. Fred is different. You will paddle through awesome scenery to get to his chosen and secret locations. The sight of bald eagles and other birds was a plus. This was a great trip my son and I will forever remember, thanks to Fred.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank William S

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best time ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Wow! Fred was awesome! We conoed up Piece river. Fred new every sound, tree, fish, rock and most of all he knows pri historic fossils. Dispite that there was a cold snap of about 50 degrees I was completely oblivious to it , I was waste deep in coldwater and with in a few minutes I was digging out of the river beautiful shark teeth of all shapes and sizes. I even found a 2 inch megaldon tooth with out a scratch, chip or break on it.
No question! I'm going back and a bunch of my co worker can't wait to join me. We are all excited.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank proudcarrier
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“sharing nature with the city folk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We took an eco tour via canoe at Round Island and loved it. Fred was very personable and knowledgeable, there was no pressure for this city girl who was leery of any open water. The lagoon where we saw a pod of manatees was amazing! I would definitely recommend taking one of his tours, next time I'm in Florida I will make a point of trying the fossil discovery. Thank you Fred !! 'Mara & family

Visited August 2013
2 Thank maralynn333
Greenville, RI
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Florida's best adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I have taken this fossil tour for many years having brought my son, friends and now my nephew and it is just as fun now as it was the first time. Fred Mazza, owner and tour guide is professional, courteous and knowledgeable not only about fossils but also about any critter seen along the river. My kids have a blast and I enjoy the fact that they are learning and exercising at the same time. Their finds are talked about back home more than any souvenir we have ever collected. The fees are extremely reasonable and the experience is priceless.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank David G
albuquerque
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A great fossil hunting adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Fred was a very knowledgeable guide through the beautiful Florida wilderness and a really nice person. You drive to a small park where you can search, or take canoes (as we did) to where the really great fossils are. My 12 year old son brought back bags of fossils that he found with a few hours of digging and sifting, including horse and mamoth teeth, turtle shell, many sharks teeth, dugong bones and a piece of camel bone! I didn't know they ever lived in the wild here. It was a great day, we can't wait to go again. Its a special part of Florida and North American history that would be hard to see on your own, or if you spent all your time at a theme park and never get out to see other parts of Florida.

Visited March 2012