“Little Gem”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Clonakilty, Ireland
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife & I spent three nights here at the end of a seven week trip. It was the perfect end to our holiday.

First things first: the greeting. We were welcomed warmly & sincerely by Laura on reception & then by the Property Manager Andres. We had read the reviews before booking & the term" friendly staff" was used, but that undersold it.

Second, that feeling. It's hard to describe, but the place had that nice feeling you get when you arrive home after a long spell away; that sense of homecoming & feel good.

Next, the accommodation: 18 rooms on two sides of a good sized, clean swimming pool. The room was clean & with a well equipped kitchen/lounge/diner, but it was the little things that made the difference. The crockery, cutlery, glassware & cooking utensils were all of a good standard. The lamps in the room were eclectic & the decor was simple.

There were bicycles available to use, a gas barbecue by the pool for general use; nothing was too much trouble. And Andres & Co were all ready with information about the area to make a stay at this delightful place as pleasant as possible.

Finally, its position is perfect - a ten-minute cycle from shops & restaurants & a 100 yards over to the beach. If you find yourself driving up or down the Space Coast, then two, three or more nights spent here will do wonders for your wellbeing.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel directly
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicholas M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We booked this hotel just a few days ahead of our stay; of all the places we stayed during a 2-week road trip around Florida, this was definitely our favourite. As well as our spotlessly clean, spacious suite, there is a great pool area, and it was great to have the barbecue as well.
Although you can't see the beach from the hotel, it's just across the road, and there are shops and cafes a short cycle away - bikes available to borrow from the hotel.
Wished we could have stayed for longer : )

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Located in a quiet residential area, but still it was not far from restaurants and shops (a short, provided bike, ride away). Very charming and clean, small hotel with everything you need for a relaxing getaway. The management was very acomodating to any of our needs. I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeorgeMc2013
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I happend upon this gem while we were searchiing for a small hotel that would be close to the ocean as well as pet friendly. We had only planned a 2 night stay and then would travel to a different destination. We loved this quaint hotel so well that we extended our stay for 2 more days. The staff is friendly and accomodating. They directed us to restaurants and areas of interest. My husband and the manager bonded by cycling together most mornings. Highly recommended. This hotel is one of oue "favorites!" located near the beacj

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Just had the most wonderful stay at South Beach Place. Totally unexpected and a super great experience. Where do I start? Charm? It is oozing in 50's era charm. All suites (apts) are decorated with different decor from that era. Adorable! Cleanliness? I could eat off the floors. Everything sparkled. Amenities? How about pool towels, chairs and umbrellas for the beach, wipes, beautiful dishes, soap and cream in the bathroom and on and on. Service? We were greeted by a wonderful manager, Andres and Caroline in the office. They got me settled in with extra towels, hairdryer and all the info on the island. Asked for places to eat and see and they were super well informed as to the latest and best places. Went shopping for food for my refrigerator and they told me where and how. I felt like I was family. I took my two dogs and they were so welcomed. They had a blast as we would go to the beach late in the afternoon and they swam and ran like crazy. Not all suites are dog friendly and that is as it should be. My apt. was nautical 50's! I swear I could live there and not miss a thing. The pool was clean and so relaxing. Recommend? Can I tell you this place has nothing to envy the big expensive hotels. It is adorable, personal, impeccable and so chic. The rate is a steal actually. The place is a gem!! YES, I give it 5 stars!! Can I give it more?

Room Tip: Specify if you bring a dog as those are special rooms. Just bring your suntan lotion! They even ha...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had a great 3 days and 2 nights at South Beach Place. The room was clean and the decor was fun. The pool was perfect and the walk to the beach was easy and not a problem.
Free bikes were a wonderful way to get to see the neighborhood. We pedaled to Ocean Drive and had lunch.
Very relaxing for 3 generations of women. Mother in law, myself and 15 year old daughter would all come back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pat C
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here recently and I would say for one night it was ok, the room was motel like though clean , the building was deceiving too.The pool look much better on line.The location was south of the main drag at Vero where the shops and restaurants are - Vero itself is gorgeous - great find

Room Tip: Rooms round the pool could get noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo