“A bummer. I was impressed w photos, location, and mostly TA reviews.”
Review of South Beach Place

South Beach Place
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
“A bummer. I was impressed w photos, location, and mostly TA reviews.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'm wondering about those o
excellent reviews. Some day this place may be a cool vacation spot. I liked the setup -- efficiencies plus big lap pool. But the security seemed very lax and the place felt unkempt. Big bag of strong smelling disinfectant hanging in out room when we got there. We tried to talk ourselves into thinking it would be okay -- but even my husband who won't even leave a restaurant after we have asked to see a menu -- out of extreme politeness -- agreed. And even he felt unsafe there. We were told our keys were in our rooms when we checked in and that the doors were open.When we reported back keys weren't there were given other keys? Young woman at desk very nice but this place needs major resources to be right.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank catqx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This review is way overdue... We found South Beach Place because we were traveling to see the Vero Beach Air Show and wanted to make it a weekend getaway with a hotel that had a pool, that was close to the beach, and had a kitchen (since our kids are very picky eaters) Boy we found so much more!!! It is a very private little oasis to unwind. All the rooms face the pool, just steps from your door, and since there is no so many rooms, the pool is almost yours!!! Very beautiful landscape and even the perfect spot for birdwatching...maintained by a very friendly manager (Andres) probably heard of him before. He really wants you to feel at home, and he is very informed of everything that's going on in Town. You don't need to bring a thing. (only food if you are cooking like me) There are sand toys for kids, floaters, beach chairs, new barbecue, bicycles parked in the front to go around... FREE to borrow! if you really can step away. The beach is right in front and everything is so peaceful!!! Rooms are awesome, you might think they are random finds, but everything really goes together with such a grace..! making it really special. I think it's perfect to rent the entire place for a family reunion or something... they have like only 18 rooms I think...
My kids are so dying to go again... they ask me almost every weekend to see if we can just drive to "THE PLACE" they loved it and so do we. Thank you for the great time. We will be back for more!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank GiGiMena
Miami
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We recently celebrated our anniversary at South Beach Place Hotel in Vero Beach and our group booked the entire hotel for our celebration. Our guests were thrilled, this is a delightful hotel and Andres and Caroline went out of their way to ensure that our party and our stay were perfect. They did an outstanding job and we were thrilled with our stay. We will be back often! Thank you!

Room Tip: Each room is different and all are lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravlerMiami
Worcester MA
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at South Beach Place in Vero Beach. It exceeded our expectations. The suite was very nicely decorated with a fun retro feel. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was great and the grounds were beautiful and also nicely decorated. We had 2 small dogs with us, and they had a good place to walk them away from the rest of the grounds. We were concerned that our dogs (brief) barking might have disturbed our neighbors, but we checked with them and they didn't hear a thing. We will definitely stay here whenever we return to lovely Vero Beach. The location is also walking distance from the beach.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank WinifredAM53
Newberry, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent 2 nights and 3 days here for a "mini reunion" with 2 of my sisters and loved every second. We will be back. Andres, the Manager, is wonderful and does everything to make you feel welcome. I highly recommend this. My sisters and I want to get our whole family to take over the whole place an do a family reunion very soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed 8 days in June 2014. We will be back! Andres, the manager was fantastic, he even helped me carry luggage up the stairs at 9PM at night. The hotel is made of all concrete so you won't hear a peep from adjoining rooms. Room was very clean and they take very good care of the grounds and the beach is about a 2 min walk away. We went to the pool a few times as well and I must say it was a very nice experience. There were lots of other families out there doing normal pool things like swimming, grilling, playing frisbee, etc. so my twin 10 year old girls felt right at home and played with most, if not all of the kids there. I will definitely stay there next year when we do our annual family vacation to FL. Glenn G. Phoenix/Anthem AZ

Room Tip: We stayed in the east side wing and it was fine. I didn't even mind walking up the stairs to th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Glenn G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

South Beach Place is not only great value for money, it was wonderfully clean and comfortable and perfect for our holiday in Vero Beach. It is very close to the beach, has the best pool in the area and the self-catering accommodation has everything you might need. It was an ideal base for our trip and I would definitely consider it again.

Room Tip: Best pool compared with other nearby accommodations.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family