“Great latte”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Patisserie Vero Beach is designed to be a central meeting place for Vero Beach natives, snow birds & visitors. We prepare all our food in-house and specialize in handmade artisan breads, croissants, pastries, soups, sandwiches, espresso and coffee.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have limited experience of this place but would definitely stop back if in the area. The latte was perfect and I indulged in their biscotti which was delicious. Service was friendly,fast and efficient. Nice place but wouldn't be on my "must visit" list for guests coming to town.

1  Thank Vero_mom

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Terrific bakery and best coffee around. MUCH BETTER than Starbucks. We have several times enjoyed Saturday morning coffee and pastry. Now it is also a lunch stop when in Vero Beach. The staff is accommidating and friendly.

1  Thank JV W
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Not much in the way of old world French ambiance but the owner and servers are very nice and professional and the food was really good.

It may not pass for a patisserie in Paris but let me state the obvious... it is not Paris... it is Vero Beach... and I am happy to have a small, locally owned bakery that obviously takes pride in the little things like a nice cup of coffee or a flaky croissant. I visited at breakfast time and really enjoyed the cafe au lait and chocolate croissant I ordered.

They have a small and somewhat noisy dining area and an outside area with comfortable lounge and lawn furniture. It is pleasant and relaxing. I saw lots of locals there on my first visit. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank ALil'Irish!
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My friend and I had played bridge for three hours in Vero and needed to get some food in us before we succumbed to utter exhaustion. Patisserie was just the ticket. This place is very casual with the feel of more of a bakery/cafeteria than an actual restaurant but that didn't prevent us from enjoying it.

You stand in line to order sandwiches, soups and salads in front of a case of perfectly gorgeous pastries, none of which did we try. I had a terrific pastrami sandwich which was generous and on excellent bread, no doubt baked on premises. Service was quick and friendly. We ate inside due to somewhat windy conditions out in the sun. It is quite noisy if you are inside as there isn't anything to absorb the din, but even that was OK.

The tables appear to be practice runs for Jackson Pollock in his youth and the whole thing has a somewhat funky artsy look. All in all, as long as your only expectation is of the food and not the surroundings, I suspect you will go away full and content.

2  Thank pyrprshr
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

This Place would never Pass for a Patisserie in Paris. Billed as a prime meeting place in Vero Beach, the walk-in bread shop was LOUD and lacking of any semblance of Old World charm. Just hang a curtain or put up a poster or something to deaden the echoes or ethos of the joint, please. Give us a reason to sit and enjoy time with friends. I've been in dry cleaners with more Panache and reasons to linger!

2  Thank herbgunn