“We enjoyed our stay at this property”

Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at this property on 7/20/12 and found the hotel to be in nice shape and well managed.All of the staff were well groomed and attentive to our needs.We stayed in an oceanfront king room and my wife & I both had a great nights rest and the bed was as comfortable as the one in our home.A very well run property at a decent price.If I had to recommend a hotel in Vero Beach this place would be it.The only negative I observed was the lack of coffeemaker in the room and for a few hundred bucks a night that is a no brainer.Minus that issue,the property is very nice,very clean and properly managed.Great job folks!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Monica S, Director of Sales and Marketing at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thank you, Boatmat, for staying with us. We really appreciate getting such a great review about our staff from you and your wife! It’s funny that you mention the lack of coffee makers because that is something we are currently working on and should have in rooms on short order. In the mean time there is complimentary coffee at the front desk from 6AM-10AM. We hope you do recommend us to everyone and wish to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,741)

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We have been to this Hotel twice this month because the staff and Management are friendly and accommodating . The location is on the beach and rooms very nice. Must stay if you want to relax and have fun

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you, Umiami1, for being one of our favorite loyal guests! We greatly appreciate it and are happy to have you as our guests anytime you’re looking to relax.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

beautiful place,great service,awesome restaurant-room was beautifully decorated with a view that was second to none-beaches and pool were very nice and the paella at the restaurant was the best

1  Thank rturn1
Monica S, Director of Sales and Marketing at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thanks so very much! We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We live locally but like to experience our local tourist attractions/hotels and thus chose to stay at Costa. This is our second stay at Costa. The service for most things was average and not to the level that one would expect based on the cost of the experience. The attitude and willingness to help from staff was good, but only depending upon who you needed something from. Our breakfast was good and our lunchtime/afternoon server at the pool, Jan was very attentive. He was the best of the staff that we encountered. He paid attention to not just us, but all the others enjoying the sun. The big negative that we found is that since we had a discounted room price, we were put in the WORST room. 2nd floor, farthest from the ocean, no ocean view as described, but a great view of the dumpster and the Driftwood Inn next door!! We chose not to complain in that we understood we weren't even going to be in the room much but when people that LIVE and WORK on the same street as the hotel are staying in your hotel, it makes sense to at least TRY to make those people happy. They often provide referrals and recomendations. We just felt overall less happy with our stay this time. For the money, look into other options.

1  Thank Kenneth N
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us – I wish you had expressed your concerns to us while on property; so we could have taken steps to make you more comfortable. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can ever be off assistance to you msmiley@benchmarkmanagement.com

Reviewed 11 July 2012

My wife & I stayed here a few years ago and were pleased that my daughter picked this resort to have her beach wedding. We did a lot of shopping around to find an ideal place and the prices here were in line with other places not close to the beach. We worked closely with Nicole Dugan (Catering Manager) & her attention to detail is amazing. The day of the wedding Nicole seemed to be everywhere, she took care of every detail. There was also a gentlemen named Tom working with Nicole that helped us get through a very busy day. The food they served at the wedding was out of this world. The chefs did an outstanding job with everything. We had friends from out of town stay there and they all raved about the rooms and service. We receive stellar service from Costa d'Este Beach Resort. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Hi Bob S.

We are honored to have been a part of your daughter’s (family’s) special day. Nicole truly loves her job and it shows. Thank you for your comments we wish your daughter endless love and happiness in her marriage.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

only hotel I've ever stayed at where the room looks exactly like their brochure!! Really! Never been to Vero Beach before. Wanted a place north of Miami, Ft Lauderdale, etc. Not so crowded, so Vero Beach was it. Wanted a nice room, big sliding glass door, balcony, beach, ocean, in that order. Got it!! Room pluses include marble floors and counters and stained wood trim. The huge, round, marbled shower big enough for 4 people(not that there were 4 of us!). Really like the tall mirror on the inside closet door. out of the way when not in use, very feng shui.
Most rooms overlook the pool area and some look over parking lots on the each side. worth the $$ for ocean view(in my opinion).
the soap, shampoo, conditioner all had a wonderful orange scent that i miss the most now that I'm home! the "kashwere" blanket was the softest I've ever felt.
the weekend we were there, there was a street festival a block away. i guess they have them every other weekend night. very nice and relaxing.
i read most of the reviews before booking and was a little worried about staying there. I guess it comes down to what you want. I want peace and quiet with minimum interruptions. some want servants waiting hand and foot. Our sat/sun ocean-view stay was $450 total. you don't get servants for that price!
we tried several local restaurants on the beach but preferred ones on the main land. The lobster shanty, over the US60 bridge, was awesome.

1  Thank j s

Hi js,

WOW – LOVE IT!!! Reading your review makes me smile – I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and that you discovered Vero Beach. We all look forward to your next stay. ;0)

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My boyfriend and I took a long 4th of July weekend and stayed here thinking it was going to be very luxurious. The website photos of the hotel were amazing, but unfortunately the actual hotel did not hold up. Although the rooms were clean and decorated very modern, the balcony furniture was cheap and uncomfortable and the ameneties of the hotel left alot to be desired. First of all, we get there and the bell person was a woman, my boyfriend basically put the luggage on the cart for her. After a few days there I wanted a cuban sandwhich around 4pm and the restuarant told me no because at the time they were serving only Tapas. I am sorry but I am the a guest and it was my first time in that hotel and the chef tells he help that I can't have a cuban sandwhich? I had to go down the street to get my sandwich. Another thing is there are rules all over the pool area that no food or drinks from the outside are allowed in the pool area (this usually keeps the rift raft out) well it was not enforced and of course the rift raft got in. The hotel does not have a gift shop so if you have an emergency of any kind you have to leave the property to get to a drug store. The food in the hotel was very good but way overpriced. Overall, for a Gloria Estefan property I was expecting alot more for the money we paid.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean front but ask for third or fourth floor otherwise you do not see the ocean...