“Comfortable Boutique Hotel with a Modern Feel”

Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed 20 June 2009

My husband & I stayed at Costa D'Este with his family, and we had a lovely time. The rooms were modern, very simple, and beautiful. We had booked 6 rooms in total, and all of us had balcony views of the pool. The ocean was a little cold and rough for our taste, but who needs the ocean when you've got a gorgeous pool & hot tub? Loved the pool chairs: very large that 2 or 3 people could fit in. Nightlife by the pool was very lively, and they had a DJ that played until midnight. The soundproofing is great, though, because we didn't hear a thing even though the music was still on. Great appetizers at the bar, and the food at the restaurant, although more of a Cuban fusion, was very tasty. Couldn't say enough good things about this place! The staff was friendly, and the price was just right. Definitely worth staying at Costa D'Este!!!!!

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 8 June 2009

I just returned from a weekend at the Costa d"Este Beach Resort and I wish I had discovered it sooner. It is the perfect getaway for anyone who lives in Florida and is looking to take a weekend trip without going too far from home. From the minute you arrive you feel the a special vibe. The entrance and lobby area is beautiful. The registration was quick and Alfonso who had helped me with directions on my drive in was wonderful. My room was not ready, but I had friends who had checked in the day before so my bag was taken to their room and Alfonso told me he would let me know when my room was ready so we could move my things. The pool area is fantastic, with the most comfortable lounge chairs I've seen in a long time. A pool side bar is well staffed and we were given an electronic button to call for more drinks or to order food from the pool menu. I had a poolview king room and it was very spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the bed linens were very good quality. You will find anything you would want in the room. From bathrobes and slippers to a docking station for your Ipod. In the bathroom there is a lighted make-up mirror, a powerful blow dryer and great toiletries. Vero is the perfect place to go and relax and Costa d'Este is the place to stay!

Oh, and the restaurant, Oriente is spectacular. I suggest you make reservations if you plan on having dinner there. The pool side menu is from the same restaurant and everything that we tried was delicious!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We reserved an ocean suite for our anniversary. When we arrived, the service did not match the price point. There was such a long line at the valet, we self-parked. No one offered to help us with our bags as we walked up, nor did they get the doors, etc. Seems picky, but when you are paying a premium, these are the services that should accompany the experience. Our room seemed lovely when we first walked in. UNTIL-the bellman told us not to open our window. When we did-we saw the employee parking lot, dumpster, etc. Then, when we walked out onto our patio, we were right on top of the parking lot. As we sat there, an employee drove up hanging out in his car (4 feet from us) finishing his smoke-not such a private patio experience. Then, the whole weekend, we never had a server offer us a drink poolside. We had to go up to the bar. We had to wait for poolside chairs because so many locals who are not staying at the hotel are there hanging out using the pool. They have no way of telling who is a guest and who is not. So, people walk up from the beach and use the amenities. Again, fine if you are charging $100/night, but not in this case. We were never able to sit on a chair on the beach because there is no cabana service and randoms from the beach use the 10 beach chairs they have. This is all too bad, because the hotel is in a good spot with interesting and beautiful decor. They need a new hotel manager, a serious overhaul on service, and need to figure out how to balance the local use vs. guest use.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelmutt16
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I stayed here in connection with a wedding, and had a great time. The rooms were clean and modern, the washroom was fantastic, the staff were very friendly and very helpful. The pool area had comfortable chairs, was right on the beach, had a bar, there is a dj on Friday nights, a hot tub and of course a pool. The room was a little expensive for me, but it was worth it. I would stay here next time if ever in Vero again.

I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant and therefore can't comment on it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank destinationhunter
Reviewed 23 May 2009

This small hotel offers anything a luxury hotel needs to have. Friendly and helpful staff, Comfortable and spacious rooms, a great restaurant and spa and a nice and peaceful pool area and private beach. But there is more to this hotel. It feels like a private and discrete beach cabana. When sitting on your balcony you feel as if you could touch the sea. The few minutes I had to watch the sun go down and go up the next morning felt as relaxing as a long weekend break. The hotel is owned by Gloria Estefan. The restaurant is Cuban inspired, very well done. I had a great Cuban French Toast in the morning.
Regrettably I only stayed 1 night at this hotel, but it is definitely on my list to return to in the future.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank melachocolat
Reviewed 13 May 2009

The combination of great location, a gorgeous room, fabulous restaurant and wonderful staff made this truly the Perfect Getaway. The attention to detail in the rooms starts with your first step onto the cool, soothing marble floor, continues through the fantastic circular marble double shower and the beautiful wooden walls & furniture. Curling up by the pool on the comfy wicker lounges for two reached perfection when sipping the best mojito ever -- especially during the daily happy hour when drinks are half price!! The Cubano sandwich and Lobster cobb salad are not to be missed at Oriente, the hotel's marvelous Cuban restaurant. Presentations were terrific and the food was outstanding. Add to this a beautiful beach with miles of easy walking and you get the Perfect Getaway. Only warning: make sure to ask for a room away from the pool to get away from the hip nightly musical scene (unless that's your bag!).

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple