“Never will return”

Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Maryland
“Never will return”
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I was locked out of my room for over a hour, while they tried to figure out how to get in, they did offer me a free drink at the bar, got into my room only to find out that my room was never cleaned and a note left that they respected my privacy because they could not get into my room either. although I never put up a do not disturb sign! they did send chocolate covered strawberries, to which they left the dirty plate in my room for 2 days. I travel every week for my job and stay at very nice hotels but this one is Very over priced for the rooms and service, take a look at the Holiday Inn before you waste your money!!!!!
also could not get the free wifi to do work in my room

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
florida
Reviewed 29 July 2009

My family and I loved our stay at Costa D’ Este, Vero Beach. From the time we arrived until the time we left the staff was professional, the food delicious and the atmosphere was more than we could have imagined. The free valet parking was a plus, especially after the long drive. Upon entering we were greeted by Alejandra who helped us check in and assisted in giving us fliers for the local activities for the kids and coupons/directions to the shopping center and local outlets. Gustavo unloaded our luggage and told us about the hotel as we walked to the room. The room was spacious, and the queen beds were soooo comfortable.

The children thoroughly enjoyed the beach, pool, and the DJ who played their requests. Most of all they enjoyed sharing the delicious chocolate turtles left when room service was done cleaning the room.

We ate at Oriente inside the resort...I suggest the sliders-delicious. The Ropa Vieja and Vaca Frita were excellent as well. The Mojito was also prepared properly. Room service was just as good, we ordered the Palomilla and Arroz con pollo, we asked for extra plates and silverware...and they were at the room within 20 minutes.

The local shopping prices were ok and the mall was not too far, and the local area had a fair and open market which we strolled through.

Although we didn't have time for the spa or gym we will try them next time. Clean hotel, clean room, clean pool, right on the beach, not too expensive, with good service and good weather, overall we had a great time.

We look forward to our next stay at the Costa D’ Este Hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
miami
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Likes (there are a few): Ultra modern design, complimentary upgrade to ocean view room, two free drinks voucher for having to wait for room to be ready, direct beach access. The bellman and frontdesk staff are very friendly and thats about it. Complimentary valet.

Dislikes (many): $10 drinks, super overpriced food...I am from Miami and Im Cuban...you may be able to fool some Mid-west Folk, but I know good Cuban food and this is not it! I gave up on the "traditional Cuban fare" and opted for a hamburger and sandwich delivered to our room since the restaurant closes at 9pm and theres nowhere else to eat. With all the service fee, delivery fees and extra charges, the bill came out to over $50...for an average burger,cuban sandwich, and black bean soup!

The only way in and out of the South Tower rooms is thru a dark, sewage smelling stairwell.....what about this says LUXURY? I had to hold my nose everytime...It was awful, but the only way to get to our room. All the activity at the hotel revolves around a plain, no big deal, rectangular small pool...its crowded and you'd have to get up at the crack of dawn to get on of those double loungers pictured on the website. The service at the bar and pool area is SLLLLOOOW...you have to flag them down. They do not come to you even if you've been sitting there for a long, long time. Again, this should not be necessary at a "luxury" hotel with prices to match. The outdoor staff needs training! If you didnt get a limited and in high demand pool lounger, you're only other choice is to head out to the beach...they have about ten beach chairs with NO umbrellas and these too get taken very quickly. No service out on the beach. No information in the room on Vero sites to see and things to do around the area...no conceirge.

My husband and I got bored over just "hanging out" in the hotel watching people get drunk and doing all sorts of antics around the pool, We walked around outisde..there are a few shops and we preferred having breakfast at the Lemon Tree across the street because the hotel menu was so ridiculously overpriced. There are a few little touristy beach stores but really nothing to do in Vero beach...if you're looking to just lay around and relax, I guess this is the place for you, but theres not much else going on and everything closes early. One night we ordered a "palomilla" steak...a staple of the Cuban diet...a signature Cuban dish....easy to make, hard to mess up...my steak tasted old...and room service is served in these little plastic TV tray looking things that make you feel it came out of a microwave....are real plates too much to ask for?

With all the hotel choices in Florida, we definitely won't go back. This hotel is all hype and flash but little to back it up once you get past the pretty decor. I was not impressed.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
8 Thank missmeli
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 9 July 2009

It is hard to express in words about how thrilled I am with this treasure retreat. I took along my 6 and 11 year olds for our first family vacation. As soon as I pulled up to the lobby, everything was taken care of. We stayed in a King Cabana room which is very spacious and has its own patio and a manicured lawn!!! From your patio you can see the ocean just over the sand dune. The pool overlooks the ocean as well with a huge hot tub. The place was as clean as mom's. Although the hotel is luxurious, I never felt out of my element with the kids. Just beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. We ended up adding an additional day because we just didn't want to leave. I found my new home away from home. Only 1 problem arose while I was there and I'm sure it will be rectified in the next couple of days. At check out I questioned a $56 bill from their pool bar. When they pulled the itemized bill, I found that drinks I had not ordered were on my bill as well as a $10 tip I never signed for. I’m waiting to hear back from them after they pull the signature, if there is one. Next time, I plan to pay cash for food and beverage to avoid the problem all together. Go enjoy yourself but be sure to look over your bill!!
I did not notice the problems that other advisors wrote about. Although the floors are marble I couldn’t hear anything outside of our room. For inside the room I would recommend gliders for under the dining chairs. The pool area was always clean and chairs were usually available. Chairs were always available on the beach and I thought they balanced the locals with the guests well.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank laoniaon
Coconut Grove, FL
Reviewed 2 July 2009

My husband and I have family that have vacation homes in Vero Beach. When we visit them several times per year, sometimes we like the peace and quiet of a hotel. We \were excited about Costa d'Este and were VERY upset. THe DJ kept us up until 12:30 in the morning on Sunday with LOUD music and the service was not reflective of a luxury boutique hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TexanCoconutGrove_FL
Orlando
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Had a wonderful stay and trying to figure out next trip to this lovely hotel. Directly on the beash with very nice rooms. The photos on the websites are accurate and good representation of what you get. Had a great time poolside with one minor problem. The poolside bartenders are BAD. They are young and obviously never worked in a bar before.I had 4 mixed drinks and I think only two of them the alcohol actually got in the glass. At $6 per drink that is not good. On the good side the had a seperate person pushing Mojitos. She knew how to make these and you could get a pitcher for $35.00. Very good investment. The only other issue w had was with the Night DJ. If you want to sleep before 1 am, get a room looking away from the pool. It was very loud, our room was on the 5th floor and over the ocean. We could not drown out the DJ, even after closing the room up tight and turning A/C fan on the "on" position. Could easily have provided the same atmosphere with a few 1000 less watts of sound. and the Barking DJ is totally unnecessary. That being said these issues were not enough to ruin our Mommy/Daddy getaway.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DanoOrlando
Miami, FL
Reviewed 20 June 2009

My husband & I stayed at Costa D'Este with his family, and we had a lovely time. The rooms were modern, very simple, and beautiful. We had booked 6 rooms in total, and all of us had balcony views of the pool. The ocean was a little cold and rough for our taste, but who needs the ocean when you've got a gorgeous pool & hot tub? Loved the pool chairs: very large that 2 or 3 people could fit in. Nightlife by the pool was very lively, and they had a DJ that played until midnight. The soundproofing is great, though, because we didn't hear a thing even though the music was still on. Great appetizers at the bar, and the food at the restaurant, although more of a Cuban fusion, was very tasty. Couldn't say enough good things about this place! The staff was friendly, and the price was just right. Definitely worth staying at Costa D'Este!!!!!

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple