“High quality pastries in Vero Beach (local residents--please patronize this place!)”
Review of Slice of Paris

Slice of Paris
Ranked #1 of 9 Bakeries in Vero Beach
Cuisines: French
Description: French Bakery And Pasteries ,we Speak French ,you Are Welcome To Come And Try Our Products
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The variety of pastries using croissant dough is impressive--croissants, chocolate croissants, almond croissants, and "palmiers", as well as many types of fruit turnovers and tarts. The patissier also makes cookies, cakes, etc. As for the quality, you can't find any better in France. Support local businesses, especially quality ones such as this one!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went in to try it out for a desert. Very light choices. Not super sweet, but it still had a great flavor. I had a chocalate crossant and my daughter ate a berry puff pastery. The owner was very friendly. Will visit again.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

On the first day of our vacation we went back to this bakery. It's as good as ever: great cakes and savouries. I'd recommend it. And yes, they sell coffee as well.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

the ham and cheese croissant was delicious.....flakey and melted in your mouth....the capaccino wonderful....the ham souffles were all gone.....the variety of cakes were impressive....parking was easy in the strip mall on 17th st before us one....we ordered a salted carmel cake for christmas.....can hardly wait

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I have been to this bakery a couple of times in the past. The fellow there (I believe, the owner), was nice enough on those first couple of visits. Once, he was particularly friendly when I offered to pay with the copious change I had, when I noticed he was short. This past Monday, I went to this shop looking for baguettes. We were going to be entertaining with cheese fondue later that week and good bread is important. The owner told me he did not make baguettes for Saturdays or Mondays, because "this town is funny and can't be depended on in buying his bread" and he does not like wasting food. Ok. I said thanks and I'd be back. Thursday, around 2 PM I was there requesting a couple of baguettes. The owner said, nope, only in the mornings. Ok. I returned Friday morning at 10 AM. No baguettes. When I asked why there were none, being that it was in the morning on a Friday, immediately, the owner was defensive and obviously angry. "It's Christmas and I have all these orders to fill". I told him I understood this, but wished that he had told me this on my first visit this week. Instead of offering any apology, he became more agitated. I was not angry or rude at all. I just said I didn't understand why he was arguing with me, that I was asking when I could return to purchase bread. His answer was to heatedly tell me to have a good day and he abruptly walked away, dismissing me. Seriously? As a former registered nurse and a small business owner, I am appalled at this deplorable customer service. If nothing else, common courtesy is always more than welcome.

1  Thank CaptKathleenNelson