“A Joke But I'm Not Laughing”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #37 of 321 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Sebastian, Florida
“A Joke But I'm Not Laughing”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I usually have great experiences at Cracker Barrel. We are there tonight and it was awful. All we wanted to do was have one of the Friday Night Cod fish fries. We placed our orders and the food came quickly, delivered by someone other than our lackluster waitress. The fries were hot, but the fish was cold and tough. It tasted like it had been cooked and was put under a warming lamp until served. After quite a wait, I was finally able to get our servers attention. When I told her the fish was cold, and so was my husbands, she gave me a blank stare. I repeated myself, but my husband said he'd keep his. I wanted mine replaced as it was awful. After about 10 minutes she brought a small plate of fish fillets but no french fries. She told me she'd bring them right out. I waited and waited, but didn't want my fish to get cold so I ate it. After about 15 minutes more, out she walked with a small side dish of fries. By now the fish had been eaten. I complained to the manager and told him when they take a dinner back for replacement, they should replace it with a whole dinner, not just part of it with part of it to follow later. Our entire meal was spoiled due to the lousy service and even lousier food. Even though the manager did comp my dinner, our meal was ruined. I won't ever go back to this Cracker Barrel. There are too many good places to go in the area.

• Visited June 2014

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Not as good as some other Cracker Barrels”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Their employment ads must read: "Only lackluster, slow, uncaring brain-dead people with IQs under 50 need apply."

The food was okay; nothing special. But, the clueless, air headed waitress was nothing short of aggravating. I sat at a table with a friend and my 18-yr old son and his 18-yr old friend sat a table beside us (I was discussing business & needed privacy) and this entirely blew the mind of the waitress when I asked for 2 checks and said I'd pay both. She took my son's table's order and brought their food before ever even taking my table's order! It was like pulling teeth to get drink refills, ketchup, etc. I really don't see what's so difficult about taking orders and then placing plates on the table and I found the whole exercise to be exhaustive!

I've eaten at plenty of Cracker Barrels and have usually had fast, friendly service from the wait staff. Perhaps since the one in Vero is at an I-95 exit, they figure they'll only get 'tourists' passing through and so they don't care about good service because they don't expect repeat business. Still though, there's just no excuse for stupidity.

• Visited May 2014
Kent, England
“Good quality and value”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

You know what you are getting, good service and friendly staff. There is a wide range of comfort food on the menu and we are yet to have a poor experience.

Visited May 2014
Hollywood, Florida
“Love Cracker Barrel”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Traveling alone I wanted a luncheon restaurant that I could feel comfortable at and Cracker Barrel fits the bill. I love their salads. They are my first choice when taking road trips.

Visited June 2014
Lenoir, NC
“Great”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great as always! The service here was excellent. I don't remember our waiter's name but he was very good.

Visited May 2014