“Big Disappointment”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here are few years ago and were pleased with the facility. Unfortunately our most recent visit has guaranteed we will never return. The staff was always courteous and friendly but the hotel was showing its age. As stated in previous reviews the layout of the bathroom is poor. The toilet paper dispenser is not at a convenient angle and the shower always flooded the bathroom. This flooding would probably explain the huge stain i\on the carpet outside the bathroom door.

We booked the one bedroom suite. My husband and I would use the main bedroom and our two sons would stay in the sitting area. The sitting room has a pullout sofa that can accommodate two. On our last visit the sofa bed was very comfortable and we had no complaints. The kids also love the idea of 'having their own room'. This time however, the mattress was so thin that you could see the springs poking through. The hotel was unable to provide another room and after the first night my children would start on the bed but move to the floor.

Another issue in our room was the closet mirror. It had a huge crack running across it. Then there was the lack of grout and caulk in the bathroom. The bathroom was clean when we arrived but there was no bathroom fan to remove moisture. I can only imagine how much mold is growing in those cracks.

Aside from the cosmetic issues listed above there was also a problem with the house keeping. Our bed always looked like the maid got distracted halfway through making it. The towels were always removed and usually only one or two were left. There were four people staying in the room and only 2 towels....really? If the towel issue wasn't bad enough they also never left soap.
Every night my husband would go down and ask for towels and soap. He complained about the problems I've listed and the desk clerk listened but really wasn't able to offer any reason for the poor service. He got the impression it was 'just the way things were'.

When we got home the Country Inn and Suites sent us a survey. We filled it out and got the usual canned form letter from the management. We won't be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CTHappyTraveler
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stopped here on our way to Miami. This hotel is conveniently located at the entrance to an outlet mall and a Cracker Barrel is almost in the parking lot! The staff was very friendly. The complimentary breakfast was great. The beds were comfortable. Bathroom could have been a little cleaner though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mlm68
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We just completed a 3 day weekend stay at this property and were for the most part pleased. Room was spacious , clean and mostly quiet except for two young kids running up and down the hallway playing tackle on Saturday am.. My main concern however was with room lighting. If you sat on the padded chair with the ottoman you could not get enough light to read as the closest light was a lamp on the bedside table. Also it was impossible to read in bed as the lighting on the night table was insufficient.

And whoever designed bathroom should be made to stay in room for a few days. The tp dispensor was so far behind the toilet you needed to be a contortionist to reach it. The shower curtain in the tub was so short the bathroom floor got wet everytime we showered.

The hotel is pet friendly and the weekend we stayed there were dogs everywhere. One person even attempted to bring his into the breakfast area. I question whether housekeeping cleans all the bedding (blanket, bed covers etc.) after a dog has been in the room

On the plus side the comp breakfast was excellent and the warm cookies in the lobby were very tasty.

I also made use of the guest computor in the lobby even though it was super slow.

Room Tip: ask if pets have previously used your room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Scott D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for talking the time to share your experience about our property. I feel we have the best staff of any of the properties here in Vero Beach! from Housekeeping, Front Desk to Breakfast Attendants. Hope to see you again soon when your in Vero Beach!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We loved our stay at this Country Inn and Suites--I hadn't realized that this chain was pet friendly and would like to know if it across the board or just site specific? Anyways, great location off the freeway, plenty of grass and sidewalks to walk the dog. LOVE the doggie treat bag and with the Pet Special with the waived fee, our room was actually cheaper with our dog! The room was clean, breakfast hearty, and staff very friendly towards pets. This could be my new favorite chain if all of them are pet friendly!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites for 3 nights during a baseball tournament at Vero Beach Sports Village. The room was a comfortable temperature, clean to our satisfaction upon check-in and beds were very comfortable. This is a pet-friendly hotel and we did not "smell" anything in our room! Breakfast is adequate enough to fill you up til lunch. The boys enjoyed making their own waffles each day and we were able to choose sausage patties and scrambled "eggs" one day, biscuits and sausage gravy another and French toast sticks and bacon on the third. The price of breakfast for the 4 of us is usually about $20, so we felt this made the price of our stay even better . McDonald's and Steak 'n Shake are within walking distance, too. And the exit off I-95 has a Cracker Barrel and the Vero Beach Outlets!! I must mention that we absolutely LOVED dinner at The Italian Grill and wished we had the time to go twice. We will stay here again next time we play baseball in Vero!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Scott D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank You for sharing your comments. Being located only 8 miles from Historic Dodgertown (formally Vero Beach Sports Village) makes our property the best stay for teams playing in tournaments in the area. Our area has many offerings for a variety of guests young to old! Thanks

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband, dog, and I were traveling on the east coast of Florida and needed a one night stay in a hotel convenient to the highway. A few days before we left home I booked a "Pet Lovers" stay. By booking this rate on line I was able to waive the usual $25 pet fee. Check in was very easy and we even received a welcome gift (snacks, toys, and travel dish) for our dog. We were also informed about dog walking areas - plenty of room for a little exercise and taking care of business. The room was basic but very clean and quiet. Breakfast had several items to choose from and was served in a dining area off the main lobby. Coffee and cookies are always available in the lobby. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Their welcoming attitude towards pets a real plus. I would definitely stay again if in the Vero Beach area.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the front of the building will be the most quiet. Back faces the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Wonderful staff, wonderful breakfast and great value! The checkout time wasn't until 12:00 so the person at the front desk opened the pool so my kids could swim before we left. Very accommodating! When the description stated "hot breakfast" that's exactly what it meant. All sorts of choices for all pallets.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank You for sharing……. We have a great location within walking distance of the Vero Beach Outlets, 12 miles from the beautiful Atlantic beaches on Vero Beach & easy access off I-95 either heading north or south.