We stayed here are few years ago and were pleased with the facility. Unfortunately our most recent visit has guaranteed we will never return. The staff was always courteous and friendly but the hotel was showing its age. As stated in previous reviews the layout of the bathroom is poor. The toilet paper dispenser is not at a convenient angle and the shower always flooded the bathroom. This flooding would probably explain the huge stain i\on the carpet outside the bathroom door.
We booked the one bedroom suite. My husband and I would use the main bedroom and our two sons would stay in the sitting area. The sitting room has a pullout sofa that can accommodate two. On our last visit the sofa bed was very comfortable and we had no complaints. The kids also love the idea of 'having their own room'. This time however, the mattress was so thin that you could see the springs poking through. The hotel was unable to provide another room and after the first night my children would start on the bed but move to the floor.
Another issue in our room was the closet mirror. It had a huge crack running across it. Then there was the lack of grout and caulk in the bathroom. The bathroom was clean when we arrived but there was no bathroom fan to remove moisture. I can only imagine how much mold is growing in those cracks.
Aside from the cosmetic issues listed above there was also a problem with the house keeping. Our bed always looked like the maid got distracted halfway through making it. The towels were always removed and usually only one or two were left. There were four people staying in the room and only 2 towels....really? If the towel issue wasn't bad enough they also never left soap.
Every night my husband would go down and ask for towels and soap. He complained about the problems I've listed and the desk clerk listened but really wasn't able to offer any reason for the poor service. He got the impression it was 'just the way things were'.
When we got home the Country Inn and Suites sent us a survey. We filled it out and got the usual canned form letter from the management. We won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach hotel welcomes you to our beautiful sunny Florida surroundings. You may want to shop until you drop at The Outlets at Vero Beach that are within walking distance from the hotel, or at Indian River Mall just a quick drive along Highway 60. Vero Beach is also the perfect destination for exploring Florida's Treasure Coast Atlantic Ocean beaches including Sebastian Inlet State Park and Turtle Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach / i-95 Hotel Vero Beach
- Country Inn And Suites Vero Beach / i-95
- Country Inn Vero Beach
- Vero Beach Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95 Florida