Vero Beach Inn & Suites
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Citrus Motel(Vero Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleantoaster ovenfront desk clerkhot breakfastfree breakfastnice poolnice staygreat place to stayscrapbooklesliemaintenanceverohurricanecouchbaseballkeysflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

When I booked the room online, I thought they stated that all rooms had been renovated in 2014. When I checked in, I picked up a brochure that seemed to imply that also. I later found out that only about half the rooms had been renovated and I would have to pay more to get one of the renovated rooms. I decided not to do that, so I had an older TV instead of a flat screen TV, a carpeted floor instead of a tile floor, and no toaster oven (microwave and refrigerator worked fine). No big deal... The room was fine except for two minor items. One of two electrical outlets in the sink area didn't work (the other worked fine), and the king-size bed sagged slightly in the middle (I slept fine). No big deal.... Breakfast was not fancy but ample. Overall, I had a very average experience with no delightful surprises nor significant complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Harry C
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Honest feedback like this helps us know what to improve so our next guests do experience delightful surprises. We hope that you think of us next time you are in Vero Beach and that we can leave an even better impression, as we are constantly updating and improving our facility. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and help us improve.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A spur of the moment decision to spend the weekend in Vero Beach and a search for pet friendly hotels in the area led us to the Vero Beach Inn & Suites. I'll be honest, reading some of the prior reviews left me wondering if we were making a huge mistake but we ended up having a great experience. The renovations being made by the new owners are evident everywhere including the room in which we stayed (room 140, a King Suite). Fresh paint, new tile, and granite countertops made the room feel more upscale than the price would indicate. One part of the suite had an efficiency kitchen, table, and futon, the other side had a bed and a hide-a-bed. We checked the room before checking in but found it to be clean and inviting. The manager took us to see it herself despite being in the middle of dealing with an unruly customer and made us feel welcome.

Our Saturday plans included letting our daughter nap so we headed to the tiki bar by the pool where Justin took good care of us and DJ Didn't Catch His Name spun some tunes and gave us a music history lesson (in a good way, it was fun to talk to both guys). When our friends arrived for dinner, the suite was plenty big for all of us to sit and catch up for a few minutes before making the 15 minute drive to the river where we had a nice meal at the Riverside Cafe.

The room was cool, dark, and quiet and we all slept great after a busy day. The free breakfast was very good, I've had much worse at fancier chain hotels. Samantha who took my reservation and checked us in was very welcoming and professional and the other young lady who checked us out was similarly polite. Work was ongoing while we were there but the room we were in and common areas had all obviously had recent attention.

It's not a beach front resort, but it is a comfortable and reasonably-priced option. The Vero Beach Inn and Suites is both pet- and people-friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LsDano2
Diana V, Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

We are so very glad that you had an enjoyable experience with us! The staff loved hearing how they made your stay special. We appreciate that you took the time to write such a lovely, and detailed review. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Got this with a group, so evidently we got a discount, yet I would NEVER pay what I did for it on my own. For the same price you can get Country Inn, Holiday Inn Express , Comfort Suites, etc.... The room was "clean" in the sense that they covered the walls with new paint. Some rooms had carpet, some did not (laminate). My room didn't have a work desk or chair. Others had patio furniture for chairs. The "free" breakfast was so bad our group chose to go to IHop and pay. Some members came away feeling a bit ill as well (hopefully just a coincidence).

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, unless you can get this for under $70
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank llstom
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

We are sorry this was your experience with us. We would like to clarify some things because we take these reviews from our guests seriously. Our renovated rooms have been repainted, as well as updated in many other ways. We would like to urge you, or any other guest who stays with us, to report any housekeeping or maintenance issues. We will resolve any oversight promptly. The floors in the renovated rooms are tile, and they are styled to look like wood much like laminate is, but they are higher quality and more durable.
Our King rooms do have a desk area and chair, as well as a sofa and coffee table. The room with two Queen beds do not. The room would be too cramped if we added any more furniture. None of our rooms have patio furniture. It is all commercial quality furniture. If you saw patio furniture outside of a room it was the guest's own furniture and was probably drying from the beach or being used to look out over our grounds.
You could stay at large chain hotel for a similar price but you would miss out on many of the amenities that give our property it's appeal. We have a full fitness facility that is accredited by Hotel Fitness Club, we have a very nice pool, and we also have a sport's bar on site with live entertainment almost every night of the year. Our hot breakfast includes omelets, sausage, waffles on the weekends, in addition to the usual continental breakfast fare. If something is found unsatisfactory we are more than happy to replace the items and would love to know about it so that it can be fixed. These are perks that cannot be found at the chain hotels and these little luxuries are what we feel sets us apart.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you would consider staying again and checking out some of the other amenities on our property. We are continuously improving and look to input from our guests to guide this process.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

They advertise a picture of the "updated" room for $64.95, but when you go to check in, they inform you that the updated room is $20 more. The front desk agent (who supposed was the General Manager) was very rude. If she runs the show, I can see why the service overall was so bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mike N
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

We are sorry about your experience with us. We have been steadily upgrading rooms since new ownership and management took over last fall. Our lowest prices are for the standard rooms, which have not yet been upgraded. We are sorry that was not clear in the ad you saw. We are rectifying the ad on the next printing and will include pictures of both rooms. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We were here for March last year and returned due to Angel's diligence, support and always ready to "fix" something and do it quickly. He is the best and most faithful employee I've ever witnessed and we've traveled a fair amount. Kudos to him..take note OWNER of Vero Inn - He's a Keeper! I hope he gets promoted, because he surely deserves it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne L

Angel certainly is a wonderful employee. We couldn’t be luckier to have someone like him on our staff, and we know it! That’s why he was promoted to Maintenance Manager when the new owner and management took over. Thanks for pointing out his extra efforts. We’ll share it with him and I am sure he will enjoy knowing that you went out of your way to praise his commitment to excellence. Thank you!