Vero Beach Inn & Suites
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
Comfort Suites Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hampton Inn Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$99
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Vero Beach(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$122
Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$188
US$268
US$170
Sea Turtle Inn(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$257
US$169
  • Pool
Sea Spray Inn(Vero Beach)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$103
All reviewsroom was cleantoaster ovenfront desk clerkhot breakfastfree breakfastnice poolnice staygreat place to stayscrapbooklesliemaintenanceverohurricanecouchbaseballkeysflorida
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I'm giving this a 3/5 because it really is your average hotel and it's not anything special or nice. My room looked nothing like the pictures shown on their website or here.

Lobby/reception: the lobby is very nicely decorated in light teal (like the rest of town). The receptionists are very professional and polite when I checked in/out.

Hotel: this is an outdoor hotel; you don't have to go through the main doors to get to your room. I guess it's safe because hey have a camera directed at the doors but if I knew I wouldn't have stayed here (personal preference).

Room: now I may have one of the older less nice rooms but it was definitely a let down from what I expected. The furniture is in brown wood (not white like some pics shown), and curtains and the bedspread is just grimy. There was light but definitely a very dark room. We just needed a place to sleep so I can't really comment on the tv, wifi, fridge, and microwave; but they have it.

Bathroom: to us the bathroom is very important and we were pleased about it. It wasn't great but it was very nice and clean. It was a bit unsafe that the tub had no rubber grips on the bottom, I almost slipped in the shower.

Price: I booked this online, and it said the original price is $129, down to $59. I'm glad it's that cheap because if my room is $129 I would flip.

Outdoor: can't really comment on the pool or anything because we just needed a bed to sleep for the night. But I did take a look and it seemed nice. The pool closes at 9pm I was told.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PurpleKittyy
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you felt the rooms were a let down. We do offer the two tiers of rooms and it sounds like you stayed in a standard room. We would love for you to come back next time and try one of our Deluxe rooms they are very reasonable and offer you the newer furniture, paint, are brighter and also open up to our center courtyard and pool area which some feel is more secure than the other option.

We took to heart your comment about the bathtubs being unsafe! We now have non-slip mats available upon request for any guest who would like one. Thank you very much for pointing out that oversight. We would hate for someone to slip on our property!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my first time visiting this property.
Pro:
Queen suite facing pool was beautiful
The beach workers were very polite and helpful. They even checked on us later to see if we needed any thing !
Ice bucket was great kept the ice cold.
Hotel food was great.
Hosted wine hour was very nice.
The pool was nice but it rained every day so we didn't use it.
They have a no-smoking policy! I smelled some one smoking and called the desk. It was just minutes before someone was there to take care of the problem !
Service in bar was great.Great happy hour . Morning service was so so
Con :
Need to re-train check in personnal. ( first impression was not that great ).
The breakfast bill stated they had music on Friday and Saturday at 7 pm. We waited until 7:45- No music.
Mattresses need to be replaced.
They were a few other problems but the asst. manager Michael was quick to listen and solved the problems he could.
I would stay again.

Room Tip: over look the pool or get oceanview
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for the great review! This may be for a different facility because we do not have a hosted wine hour, or a manager named Micheal. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come check us out next time you are in Vero Beach.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

When I booked the room online, I thought they stated that all rooms had been renovated in 2014. When I checked in, I picked up a brochure that seemed to imply that also. I later found out that only about half the rooms had been renovated and I would have to pay more to get one of the renovated rooms. I decided not to do that, so I had an older TV instead of a flat screen TV, a carpeted floor instead of a tile floor, and no toaster oven (microwave and refrigerator worked fine). No big deal... The room was fine except for two minor items. One of two electrical outlets in the sink area didn't work (the other worked fine), and the king-size bed sagged slightly in the middle (I slept fine). No big deal.... Breakfast was not fancy but ample. Overall, I had a very average experience with no delightful surprises nor significant complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Harry C

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Honest feedback like this helps us know what to improve so our next guests do experience delightful surprises. We hope that you think of us next time you are in Vero Beach and that we can leave an even better impression, as we are constantly updating and improving our facility. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and help us improve.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A spur of the moment decision to spend the weekend in Vero Beach and a search for pet friendly hotels in the area led us to the Vero Beach Inn & Suites. I'll be honest, reading some of the prior reviews left me wondering if we were making a huge mistake but we ended up having a great experience. The renovations being made by the new owners are evident everywhere including the room in which we stayed (room 140, a King Suite). Fresh paint, new tile, and granite countertops made the room feel more upscale than the price would indicate. One part of the suite had an efficiency kitchen, table, and futon, the other side had a bed and a hide-a-bed. We checked the room before checking in but found it to be clean and inviting. The manager took us to see it herself despite being in the middle of dealing with an unruly customer and made us feel welcome.

Our Saturday plans included letting our daughter nap so we headed to the tiki bar by the pool where Justin took good care of us and DJ Didn't Catch His Name spun some tunes and gave us a music history lesson (in a good way, it was fun to talk to both guys). When our friends arrived for dinner, the suite was plenty big for all of us to sit and catch up for a few minutes before making the 15 minute drive to the river where we had a nice meal at the Riverside Cafe.

The room was cool, dark, and quiet and we all slept great after a busy day. The free breakfast was very good, I've had much worse at fancier chain hotels. Samantha who took my reservation and checked us in was very welcoming and professional and the other young lady who checked us out was similarly polite. Work was ongoing while we were there but the room we were in and common areas had all obviously had recent attention.

It's not a beach front resort, but it is a comfortable and reasonably-priced option. The Vero Beach Inn and Suites is both pet- and people-friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LsDano2
Diana V, Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

We are so very glad that you had an enjoyable experience with us! The staff loved hearing how they made your stay special. We appreciate that you took the time to write such a lovely, and detailed review. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Got this with a group, so evidently we got a discount, yet I would NEVER pay what I did for it on my own. For the same price you can get Country Inn, Holiday Inn Express , Comfort Suites, etc.... The room was "clean" in the sense that they covered the walls with new paint. Some rooms had carpet, some did not (laminate). My room didn't have a work desk or chair. Others had patio furniture for chairs. The "free" breakfast was so bad our group chose to go to IHop and pay. Some members came away feeling a bit ill as well (hopefully just a coincidence).

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, unless you can get this for under $70
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank llstom
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

We are sorry this was your experience with us. We would like to clarify some things because we take these reviews from our guests seriously. Our renovated rooms have been repainted, as well as updated in many other ways. We would like to urge you, or any other guest who stays with us, to report any housekeeping or maintenance issues. We will resolve any oversight promptly. The floors in the renovated rooms are tile, and they are styled to look like wood much like laminate is, but they are higher quality and more durable.
Our King rooms do have a desk area and chair, as well as a sofa and coffee table. The room with two Queen beds do not. The room would be too cramped if we added any more furniture. None of our rooms have patio furniture. It is all commercial quality furniture. If you saw patio furniture outside of a room it was the guest's own furniture and was probably drying from the beach or being used to look out over our grounds.
You could stay at large chain hotel for a similar price but you would miss out on many of the amenities that give our property it's appeal. We have a full fitness facility that is accredited by Hotel Fitness Club, we have a very nice pool, and we also have a sport's bar on site with live entertainment almost every night of the year. Our hot breakfast includes omelets, sausage, waffles on the weekends, in addition to the usual continental breakfast fare. If something is found unsatisfactory we are more than happy to replace the items and would love to know about it so that it can be fixed. These are perks that cannot be found at the chain hotels and these little luxuries are what we feel sets us apart.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you would consider staying again and checking out some of the other amenities on our property. We are continuously improving and look to input from our guests to guide this process.