“Good Surprise.”

Vero Beach Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for a Baseball Tournament. I had never stayed here before and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. They gave a BOGO drink for their bar (which they have live music in every night except Mondays) rooms have been updated, hardwood flooring, new counter tops and furnishings. The hotel is near Vero Outlets, 10 miles from the beaches, A complimentary hot breakfast was also included which consisted of eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, pastries, juice and coffee. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Henry N
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Vero Beach area.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This location was chosen for our family reunion, rooms have been updated, hardwood flooring, new counter tops and furnishings. The hotel is near Vero Outlets, 10 mikes from the beaches, if you want to save on hotel cost and invest in eating out, beaches, shopping this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Csaulter57
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you come back again. We'd love to be more than just a three star motel for you and are happy to accommodate any reasonable requests to make your vacation memorable.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I have absolutely no complaints I stood here to be able to make it to a friends birthday bash & to relax the rest of the weekend since I had been working alot I.e 11 days straight & this hotel exceeded my expectations front desk staff like A.M. Samantha was completely generous & let me check in early & upgraded my room to the best available one. My room was super clean a fresh the King bed just right for my back & the Flatscreen TV even had netflix it was a SmartTv. My stay was extremely quiet no one bothered me which allowed me much relaxation & a great catch up on sleep. Pool view os fantastic on top of the pool was very decent sized & clean. The complementary breakfast was very awesome. Extremely long story short, I would totally stay here again. Already planning my next trip. Thank You Vero Inn.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bianca R
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

We are very glad that we were able to make your trip enjoyable and relaxing. Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to seeing you again too!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here just for one night on our way home and got it through Priceline. I had never stayed here before and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. They had a refrigerator (which was great because my electric cooler broke) and a microwave. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. They gave a BOGO drink for their bar (which they have live music in every night except Mondays) and I took full advantage of that after a seven hour drive with five children. The pool was a nice size and very clean. The television was clear and updated. A complimentary hot breakfast was also included which consisted of eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, pastries, juice and coffee. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 4jaxsun4ever

We are very happy that we got to be your pleasant surprise. That is what we aim for! Thanks for taking the time to review our property and tell other guests about your experience. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I'm giving this a 3/5 because it really is your average hotel and it's not anything special or nice. My room looked nothing like the pictures shown on their website or here.

Lobby/reception: the lobby is very nicely decorated in light teal (like the rest of town). The receptionists are very professional and polite when I checked in/out.

Hotel: this is an outdoor hotel; you don't have to go through the main doors to get to your room. I guess it's safe because hey have a camera directed at the doors but if I knew I wouldn't have stayed here (personal preference).

Room: now I may have one of the older less nice rooms but it was definitely a let down from what I expected. The furniture is in brown wood (not white like some pics shown), and curtains and the bedspread is just grimy. There was light but definitely a very dark room. We just needed a place to sleep so I can't really comment on the tv, wifi, fridge, and microwave; but they have it.

Bathroom: to us the bathroom is very important and we were pleased about it. It wasn't great but it was very nice and clean. It was a bit unsafe that the tub had no rubber grips on the bottom, I almost slipped in the shower.

Price: I booked this online, and it said the original price is $129, down to $59. I'm glad it's that cheap because if my room is $129 I would flip.

Outdoor: can't really comment on the pool or anything because we just needed a bed to sleep for the night. But I did take a look and it seemed nice. The pool closes at 9pm I was told.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PurpleKittyy

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you felt the rooms were a let down. We do offer the two tiers of rooms and it sounds like you stayed in a standard room. We would love for you to come back next time and try one of our Deluxe rooms they are very reasonable and offer you the newer furniture, paint, are brighter and also open up to our center courtyard and pool area which some feel is more secure than the other option.

We took to heart your comment about the bathtubs being unsafe! We now have non-slip mats available upon request for any guest who would like one. Thank you very much for pointing out that oversight. We would hate for someone to slip on our property!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my first time visiting this property.
Pro:
Queen suite facing pool was beautiful
The beach workers were very polite and helpful. They even checked on us later to see if we needed any thing !
Ice bucket was great kept the ice cold.
Hotel food was great.
Hosted wine hour was very nice.
The pool was nice but it rained every day so we didn't use it.
They have a no-smoking policy! I smelled some one smoking and called the desk. It was just minutes before someone was there to take care of the problem !
Service in bar was great.Great happy hour . Morning service was so so
Con :
Need to re-train check in personnal. ( first impression was not that great ).
The breakfast bill stated they had music on Friday and Saturday at 7 pm. We waited until 7:45- No music.
Mattresses need to be replaced.
They were a few other problems but the asst. manager Michael was quick to listen and solved the problems he could.
I would stay again.

Room Tip: over look the pool or get oceanview
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for the great review! This may be for a different facility because we do not have a hosted wine hour, or a manager named Micheal. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come check us out next time you are in Vero Beach.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

When I booked the room online, I thought they stated that all rooms had been renovated in 2014. When I checked in, I picked up a brochure that seemed to imply that also. I later found out that only about half the rooms had been renovated and I would have to pay more to get one of the renovated rooms. I decided not to do that, so I had an older TV instead of a flat screen TV, a carpeted floor instead of a tile floor, and no toaster oven (microwave and refrigerator worked fine). No big deal... The room was fine except for two minor items. One of two electrical outlets in the sink area didn't work (the other worked fine), and the king-size bed sagged slightly in the middle (I slept fine). No big deal.... Breakfast was not fancy but ample. Overall, I had a very average experience with no delightful surprises nor significant complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Harry C

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Honest feedback like this helps us know what to improve so our next guests do experience delightful surprises. We hope that you think of us next time you are in Vero Beach and that we can leave an even better impression, as we are constantly updating and improving our facility. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and help us improve.