“Birthday Vacation!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here for only 1 night but was very pleased. This Holiday Inn was very nice and clean. Check in was at 4, but our room was available at 2:30. While waiting to check in you can grab a bite to eat at Mulligans or hang out on the beach. Our room was very spacious and clean, not a sand particle was left from the previous guests. If I were to come back I would most definitely be staying the in the Oceanside room again. It was worth every penny; hearing the ocean at night, and view the beach throughout the stay. The pool is a little small, but was very surprised that it went to 8ft deep. The ocean was very nice and clean. 2 steps from the hotel to sand. Also, Walking distance to stores and many restaurants, and only 4 miles to Publix and shopping! The front desk staff was friendly. The Hotel is connected to Mulligans Restaurant. The only thing about Mulligans is that the staff is not friendly, and everything is very expensive. They will not serve you alcohol if you plan on going onto the beach (just a heads up).

Room Tip: Definitely worth it to stay in an Oceanside Room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This Holiday Inn needs one thing and thats a wrecking ball. The one night I stayed here in early March was by far the worst hotel stay I have ever had. I was given a room on the ground floor looking at the pool. My huge complaint about the room was the HORRIBLE moldy and musty smell the room had. I walked in and immediately smelled it and thought I would get used to it. Instead it only got worse. It was so strong it burnt my nose. I slept terrible and in the morning couldn't wait to get out of the room. In addition both beds had stains on the sheets when I went to get in bed. Gross! The safe in the room was unusable as the key was missing (it was an old safe that required a key, not a combination). It didn't matter because the lock had been drilled out anyway. I would have complained immediately to the front desk but was staying here for company meetings with several coworkers and the front desk told me when checking in the hotel was full (as I asked for a ocean front room). So getting a different room wasn't an option. After one night in the room it was unbearable so the next morning I called a different hotel just down the street. They had a room available so I checked out. Later that day when on break for my meetings I complained to the front desk. I received no apology and was told they couldn't do anything because I had already checked out. I asked to speak to a manager and was told one wasn't available but they would have one contact me. The next day a front desk employee who was not a manager called me back and offered me 2000 Priority Club points. This was an insult. After paying $214 for 1 night in a hotel that requires 20-30,000 PC points per night for a free stay I was offered 2000 points and expected to be happy. I said that wasn't acceptable and asked to speak with the manager. After 24 hours I had not been contacted. I called again, spoke with a manager explaining everything. She said they couldn't refund my money because I had checked out. She would talk to her manager and get back to me. The next day she called back and offered me 10,000 PC points. To me that still was not acceptable and I asked for points equivalent to 1 nights stay. She again had to talk to her manager to get approval on this request. 24 hours later I have yet to here anything. To me this isn't acceptable. It's very poor service and Holiday Inn is making it way more difficult than it should be for me to get some type of compensation for this terrible stay. I travel frequently for business and have stayed in lots of hotels typically leaving very good to excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. I can't believe Holiday Inn management would put their name on such a poor property and then treat a customer this way when they complain. I've been very nice about it as it doesn't pay to get upset or angry. It will be a long time, if ever, before I stay at a Holiday Inn brand hotel after being treated this way. Please consider yourself warned about this property. I would never stay here again and would keep looking at other properties in the Vero Beach area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank seedman76
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear seedman76,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced and we regret the room you received did not live up to your expectations. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We have sent you a private message with additional information.

Joel B

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as it was conveniently located...but it was higher priced than most we reviewed before hand. $331 after taxes. I was not really that impressed. It was our first holiday inn express and our last! The clientele was mostly elderly couples and their grandchildren...from what we saw anyway.
Our "pool view" was actually a view of a concrete wall and the construction began at 0730 unlike the promised 0900-5pm sign posted!!!
The restaurant, Mulligans, that was attached was a bit pricey, but pretty tasty. It was a funny mismatched Bahamian seafood/Irish themed bar and restaurant. Identity crisis maybe? The staff was great, and breakfast on the deck was GREAT! I doubt we would ever stay here again, but the peanut butter and banana pancakes might bring us back for a bite. ;)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear mnurse07,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Clean spacious rooms and nice pool, but elevators were dirty and need reflooring. There were some repairs in progress and walkway to beach was closed. No poolside bar or service available.
The refrigerator would not get cold enough to keep food and air conditioner did not work well either. We were only there one night on our way home and wanted to enjoy the beach as long as possible before driving home. They were very flexible on late check out. Staff were friendly.

A little overpriced in my opinion given the amenities. Our room was $299 for double bed oceanfront.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2014

After reading some of the mixed reviews on trip advisor, I have to say I was keeping my expectations low for our stay here.

Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised as to the quality of the room, services provided. Our request for a room change to overlook the pool was handled quickly and politely by the front desk personnel.

Can't beat the location, great restraunts within walking distance.

Would return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

If you have a choice go somewhere besides here. Ripping off the poor tourists! Disappointing. The rooms are clean and the hotel is ok as long as you like accessing your room from the outside of the building. Very small lobby no real amenities. If your coming to Vero to visit your grandma there are better places.

• Stayed: February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Carltico,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the pricing structure of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This Holiday Inn's location can't be beat for the price. The rooms are typical HI, but the location steps from the ocean is wonderful. There are several places to eat, or have drinks just a short walking distance. If you're looking for a luxury resort, this isn't for you. But if you want something economical (it does have a pool) and close to the beach, give it a try. There is some renovation work going on when we were there, but it didn't affect us.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple