“Please don't stay at HOJO!”

Howard Johnson Vero Beach/I-95
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Vero Beach
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Small dining space and staff won't let you leave that area with food when full of folks. Cold showers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Cynthia O
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband & I came into town from MI on Vaca to visit his parents! They had a packed house, so for a few days so we decided to stay @ the Howard Johnson. After reading the reviews online & seeing the rates we thought this would be good for our budget! WELL, Let me TELL YOU....AT ALL COSTS I would stay in my Car first before ever staying @ This Howard Johnson again!! As we were walking to our room we came across some shady looking people (& that's seriously NO Exestuation), then once in our room we were hit with a smell that Reeked of something that my husband & I just Could Not Describe!! Both the blankets on the beds had Hugh stains on them (I'm sure you can us your imagination on this one), and our neighbors...Well, lets just say I wouldn't bring my Kids or Grandkids here cuz it was definitely X-Rated!! Oh, & did I mention its right next door to a truck stop, which was non-stop noisy! If it hadn't been for the fact that it was late & we had no vehicle we would've left immediately! Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep! The next day I had my Sister-In-Law pick us up & take us to the Holiday Inn Express! A little pricy, but Believe it when I say....Its WELL WORTH IT! After talking to a few locals of about our experience they told us that even the police try to avoid going to this Howard Johnson! I'm Glad we are the Heck outta there!! "AVOID @ ALL COSTS!" Sleep in your car! I'm sure its cleaner & safer!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Vero Beach hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stay at this hotel several times a year and the management has really declined. The door to our room had to be forced open every time. The manager had to help me get it open the first time and did not apologize for it or offer a different room. The water pressure is non-existent and there is no hot water; lukewarm at best. I was gone from the room from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily and the room was never cleaned. We had to go ask for towels. Don't stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business