“A very good hotel”

Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, safe area, and clean rooms....so why only 4 stars? Two things keep this HIE from getting a 5 star rating: the front door does not automatically open and when you typically go in and out with your hands full, having to pull the door open means having to stop and put something down. (yes there is a handicap access button to the side, but once again you have to put something down to push the button). The second reason has to do with the one slow elevator. This is a busy hotel and between the guests and the housekeepers there is always a wait for the elevator...and it moves very slowly. If these two things were updated, this would be a great hotel; as is it's a very good hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear ReiversGo,
First, thank you so much for choosing this hotel for your stay. We really do appreciate your taking the time to write down your feelings towards us. In regards to your stay however, I am very sorry that oour elevators caused a problem for you during your stay with us. Please note that this has been relayed to my boss, and will be considered. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay here at the Holiday Inn Express near I-95

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were very happy with our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Vero Beach. We wanted a nice room for one night off the I-95 as we were en route north.The clerk who welcomed us was very friendly, courteous and helpful with restaurant recommendations. The room we had was extremely clean as was the rest of the hotel. Congratulations to all staff at the hotel. I travel a lot and have stayed in many 5 star hotels in many countries.Cleanliness is a critical criterion in my view and this hotel was tops! The breakfast was included (ok it's not caviar and smoked salmon but was diverse and good enough to get us on the road and it is a HI Express after all) as was the free wifi for an excellent price. I highly recommend this hotel. Once again, kudos to all staff for such a clean and friendly hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 155004Traveller,
Thank you thank you thank you for such a glowing review. We are happy that you chose this Holiday Inn Express as your rest-stop from I-95. I am very happy that our Front Desk team assisted you in your inquiries about some of what our city provides, and I'm glad that you took advantage of the recommendations given. We are also happy that you enjoyed that cleanliness of the hotel. I will make sure that I relay all these comments to our team so that they know that they are doing a very good job. We look forward to your next stay with us
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was driving from Fort Lauderdale up to Orlando with my young daughter one evening and after getting caught in a torrential downpour and a screaming child in the middle of the night this last minute mobile booked hotel was my shelter from the storm of rain and tears.

This is a good basic roadside Holiday Inn Express, not some 5-star resort, but not priced like one either. The service was very good, both front desk and the morning breakfast staff. The room was clean and the bed comfortable.

The location, just off of I-95 is very convenient to a couple of places to eat and very close to a decent sized outlet mall. It is also close enough to the turnpike split that you can easily cutover to the turnpike and head up to Orlando as I did.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good, clean, comfortable place to stay for the night, whatever your purpose.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasher0
Dear Jasher0,
Thank you so much for choosing this hotel as your "shelter from the storm" we do appreciate it. And we look forward to your next stay with us
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was looking for a hotel near Vero Beach where I could use some IHG points. This HIE fit my needs, using 15000 points. Hotel is next to a large outlet mall, where we stretched our legs after a 10 hour drive. This was a typical HIE with a decent breakfast and wife. The kingsize bed was pretty nice. If I have a complaint it was just one elevator, which was slow. We used stairs except for moving luggage in and out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear pogomaster,
Thank your so much sir for taking the time to write down your feelings towards the hotel, please note that your comments are taken very seriously. In regards to your stay, I am very happy that our hotel "met your needs", and in regards to the elevator problem that you encountered, please note that I have relayed the problem to my boss and we will take care of it. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay with us
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed a few nights here to be near family on a visit, Great location, just off the highway and a few minutes from the turnpike. Staff were very helpful and its a nice little Holiday Inn. Easy drive up to Orlando or down to Miami. Or just chill and pop down to Vero Beach itself, 10 mins away.

Room Tip: Its a Holiday Inn, can tell one room from another. Do haggle for a good room rate, it works
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mark h h,
Thank you so much sire for you taking that time to write down your feelings towards the hotel, we do appreciate it. and please note that your comments are taken very seriously. In regards to your stay however, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay while visiting family. and that you also enjoyed the convenience of the interstate. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay with us
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last few years. The entire staff from manager, lobby staff, breakfast staff, housekeeping, etc are wonderful and friendly. Everyone says hello, asks if there is anything they can do to help us, etc. Have never had any problem with the internet at this hotel, which I need when traveling. Very convenient to McDonalds, Steak N Shake, and Cracker Barrel, as well as the outlet mall. This was the best location for our needs because we did not want to be down by the beach and needed to be in this general area. There are other hotels nearby, but you can be assured of getting very helpful service staying at this hotel. Always acknowledged at check-in as a Priority Club member.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Linda P,
Thank you so much for choosing this hotel for your stay, it is much appreciated. in regards to your stay however, I am elated to hear that you enjoyed our entire staff. Please note that I have relayed all these wonderful comments and accolades to my entire team, and they are very appreciative of them. And as long as you stay with us ma'am you will always be recognized as a Priority Club Member. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next visit
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed one night in February 2014 because my regular hotel was $250/night. Holiday Inn Express was a bargain (?) at $150/night. For $150, I received a clean room in a reasonably well maintained hotel, a sparse but adequate breakfast, and a relatively time-consuming check-in. The hotel is located near an outlet mall, with a few low-end (golden arches, etc) restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Black_Rock_City,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are delighted you found our property clean and reasonably well maintained. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Joel B