“Prostitutes”

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Cape Coral, Florida
“Prostitutes”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We were woken up throughout the night by the prostitution ring that was running out back of this hotel - the police were there 3 times that we knew of and it was ridiculous. When the front desk was asked they said they didn't know about it - until the next morning when someone told us that it is a regular occurance. Needless to say we checked out and stayed elsewhere - I would have checked out in the middle of the night except my kids were with me and I didn't want to have to walk them to the car in the midst of all that was going on around us - I did not feel safe at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jennifer S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Augusta, ME
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The room was filthy dirty. Holes in the walls. Multiple cigarette burns in the bedspreads, bedskirts, and rug. A previous customer had left items in the chest of drawers. With the cigarette burns on the bedspreads were large stains. We would never have stayed there after checking in, except we were exhausted and needed a place to stay and the bed sheets did appear to be clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly E
Fortescue, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Being seniors, we appreciated having a ground floor room with 2 queen beds. Our room was clean, and comfortable. The motel is showing its age and needs a little sprucing up. They offer a continental breakfast which is not the greatest (cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, coffee). We opted to drive down the road to a nearby IHop.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine R
St-Polycarpe, Québec
Reviewed 18 January 2012

There is one word too many in Quality Inn, and I'll let you guess which one ! Fortunately, I know the Vero Beach Motel is not a reflection of all the hotels of this well known chain.

We stayed there one night, dec 28 2011. We got there late at night, disappointed that it was a motel, with direct access to our room from the parking lot. Big room, musty, smelly, dank,as is often the case with motels, since they do not have controlled air systems.
Minimally basic decor & furnishings. Could be cleaner. Uninviting bedding.

In the morning, we could see that the place is old, neglected. The pool area could be nice, with a few flower beds and pretty outdoor furniture. This hotel could use a major make over.
A fresh coat of paint, reupholstering & comfy beds with a cozy light comforter...

Yep, old, sad-looking, uninviting, neglected, barely getting by....those words apply to the building, the breakfast, the atmosphere, the staff !
Please give this hotel some TLC and business wil turn around ! (because it is conveniently located for us, we will take a look next time to see if it has improved)

The next night, we stayed 10 miles away ( I95 at Fort Pierce) and we had a dream of a room for the same low price ( 59$)....

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jjjym
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 25 February 2010

This hotel is the epitome of resting on one's laurels. I assume their national banner and central location has gone to their heads, because this place was just terrible. I won't even both with a "pros vs cons" list in this review. The location is decent, but I'm hoping at least one other competitive hotel will open up in town to drive Quality Inn to better standards (or out of business).

My wife and I stayed one night, on a four night reservation, and spent the remaining nights at Country Inn & Suites near I-95 (about 15 minutes away). Despite some additional driving each day, the experience was tenfold better. See the link to that review at the bottom.

Exterior: Very "motel" in appearance. I know that interior corridors were unusual when this building was constructed, so I'm taking that into account.

Lobby and breakfast area: Filthy. Stained walls and ceiling. Decor in need of updates.

Staff: Indifferent and unfriendly.

Occupancy: I'd guess around 30% (at 11pm, when most people are in their rooms)...even though this was the peak season in town. Other hotels we saw were packed at 80%+ occupancy.

Rooms (see pictures): Large, but hastily upgraded with token items. The security chain was broken off. Floors and chairs had several stains. Microwave and nightstands looked as if they hadn't even been cleaned. The bathroom had a hair collection from at least 4 different people, leading me to guess this wasn't the first time the maid had cut corners. Despite these fundamental oversights, you could tell efforts had been made to upgrade the room from Comfort Inn to Quality Inn. Carpet and bathroom counter were relatively new. Lipstick on a pig.

Link to our stay at Country Inn:

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ashleyhsmith
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Definitely think this hotel should just be visited as a last resort. We were a bit shokced at how unkept it was. The hallways were grubby, ice machine even more so. In our room, the bed/sheets looked ok, but the sink area and taps were completely filthy! Luckily I had antibacterial hand cleanser in my bag & actually ended up having to scrub the taps before we could even think of using them! There were crumbs at the side of one of the beds. Needless to say, we didn't consider staying for the breakfast the following morning.

Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank YvonneOM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Well, I was skeptical about the hotel when reading the reviews online but the place wasn't a 40.00 a night motel, so I figured it could not be all that bad. The first room had 5-6 large burn holes in the bed along with 3 dark brown stains that we at least a foot long. We switched rooms, the man was friendly about it. We did not have time to look around, but when we came back that night we discovered 4 more cigarette burns, an obvious area of blood splatter on the rug, bed skirt and ceiling above. Unsettling, to say the least. The shower had 3 clumps of hair hanging on the wall.
The location was okay, the staff was nice ( I didn't bother complaining again), outside looked inviting, decor was nice.... but it was disgusting in those rooms.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple