My family and I rented four rooms at the lodge and stayed for three days. We celebrated the engagement of three of my children. The staff at the lodge could not be more helpful. They helped us plan our trip, provided a fantastic dining experience in a private room for our group, and even tolerated the two one-year olds that seemed to find dinner boring. I had the best room in the lodge, it had two queen beds and full pull out couch. The room is so large i was also able to house both babies in two separate cribs, and still had room for the entire family to gather when it began raining. The room overlooks the spring and river with a wall of windows that all open and are screened. A writing desk place in front of the windows was a wonderful place to write, and read the interesting log book of previous travellers. All of the rooms were clean and neat, and the housekeeping staff were kind and respectful of our privacy.
We took the boat tour in the rain, and saw more wildlife than the next day when we took the tour again when it was sunny. The tour guides are excellent, and the lodge is a perfect escape. There is no television, so the family came prepared with board games, and the lodge has many marble checker tables and a wonderful gift store to browse in. On the evening of the engagement party dinner, the storm knocked out the electricity and the lodge ran on generator power. We couldn't have paid for a more romantic atmosphere, with low level lighting, flickering lightening strikes outside, and a fantastic waitress who truly helped make the night awesome.
On a scale of 1-10, the lodge, its staff, and the boat guides were definately a 12!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Wakulla Springs is located in the Wakulla Springs State Park near historic Tallahassee, Florida. Considered a Florida architectural landmark the Lodge has been on the grounds since 1937 and is featured, along with the nearly 6,000 acre park and river, on the National Register of Historic Places. Surrounded by canopies of oak, hickory, and beech trees, the natural springs, and Florida wildlife, the Lodge offers an old southern feel and a peaceful getaway for family vacations and reunions, weddings anniversaries, conferences, and other special events. The Lodge also is a perfect retreat for artists, writers, or those that just want to get away from it all. Guests will be inspired by nature's beauty and serenity inside of any one of the 27 guest rooms which overlook the springs, park, and courtyard. In keeping with the Lodge atmosphere there are no televisions in the rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Wakulla Springs Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakulla Springs Hotel Wakulla Springs
- Wakulla Springs Lodge Florida