Best Western Waldo Inn & Suites
Red Carpet Inn Starke(Starke)(Great Value!)
US$54
ABC Motel(Gainesville)
Hotwire.com
Value Lodge(Gainesville)
US$61
All reviewsdunkin donutsrooms are nicely appointedrefrigerator and microwavefootball gamechain hotelan overnight staytwo queen bedsup to datebreakfast roomnice roomstaying at this hotelvery nice hotelplace to stayfree breakfastrecommend this hotelhotel roomevery morning
Reviewed 18 October 2012

On October 4, 2012, my two sisters and myself stayed at the Sleep Inn in Waldo, Florida because it was the closest hotel to where my Aunt lived in Hawthorne, Florida. We were actually going to a wedding in Gainesville. We should have stayed in Gainsville. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. When we got to the hotel, they went up on the price for Saturday night. We had the rooms for Oct. 4 and Oct. 5. My sister from California decided to go so I called down there and the lady that answered the phone told me that we could get the same rate for Saturday as we had for Thursday and Friday. When we arrived the man at the desk had changed the amount for Sat. night from $89 to $134.00 and no one would change it. A very nice lady was at the desk on Saturday night, Oct. 7 and she told me that the lady who gave me that price no longer worked there. The first room they gave us had a leak someplace. They put us in another and although the room looked okay, the bathroom was awful. We had to get someone in there two times to clean it. Mold was on the shower curtin and someone apparently and thrown up in the floor and some of it had hit the cabinet and dried up. The swimming pool was not fit to swim in at all. There are also speed traps all over the place. Never going to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you need to go to that area in Florida, I would recommend staying in Gainsville.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank milliegirl
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a weekend trip for the Florida Gator Fan Day. All the hotels in Gainesville were booked & we didn't mind at all! The drive was a quick 15mins away from the stadium but out of the hustle and bustle of the city. The staff was friendly, & the room was very clean and accommodating with plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner, and soaps. We also had a coffee maker, personal safe, mini fridge, microwave and iron with ironing board in our room. Overall great experience and will definetly stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank fl_marygirl
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Room phone did not work, could not find desk person, lousy TV picture with very few channels,
if you like moldy jam for breakfast, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Go to a different motel
Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William R
Reviewed 19 June 2012

On 8th of June I checked in the Sleep Inn (Waldo Florida). This was my third time at this hotel. I was traveling with my five year old daughter. Both rooms I was put into were extremely hot at entry, had dead mosquitos and small spiders underneath the bedspread. I was upset, grabbed my daughter and left with no receipt. I drove 38 miles from my destination (Raiford) to Gainesville for a night, checked in at another hotel 68 miles from my destination in Ocala FL the next day due to booking restraints due to events. I had pending charges from my bank for the hotel, which I tried to resolve with the Manager (Willie). He told me rudely to get w/my bank because I wasnt charged. I called my bank and they needed confirmation from the hotel to drop the charge to use towards another hotel. I called the hotel w/my bank on the line; Mr. Willie kept cutting the representative off before she could explain herself. My bank asked him for transaction #, which he said he could give because he had two customers. The representative asked if he could fax the receipt and he said he would but he hung up the phone before receiving the fax #. About 5 minutes after the phone call I stopped by the hotel to resolve the issue w/my bank on the phone. My bank asked if he could give them a merchant ID # instead. Mr. Willie told USAA the general manager of the store had the merchant ID #. I asked him twice how he did not have a merchant ID #. I suppose this enraged Mr. Willie; he began to yell at me. He told me to get the hell out of his hotel before he call the police and have me thrown out. I proceeded to try and stay calm by referring to him as Sir, which he said Do not call me Sir! He threatened to throw me out the hotel again and said look at my receipt. The woman that checked me in was there and quickly printed me a receipt. I left w/my daughter crying in the car because of what she heard. I have been in the service for eleven years and never have I been disrespected in such a manner especially in front of my child.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank loudy f
Reviewed 26 May 2012

The room key didn't work so we were transferred to a different room. Everything was clean and well set up. Free wifi was terrible, couldn't get good enough connection to do anything. Staff, Garry, very helpful and went out of their way to make things ok. Breakfast free and lots of choices. Would visit again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family