“Do NOT stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waldo
Fort Worth, Texas
“Do NOT stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The staff is friendly, but that's where the good begins and ends. Had left over hair everywhere when I arrived at my room, only 1 towel per night/day, never changed the sheets, ac didn't work properly overall I would say gross doesn't even begin to describe this hotel. I am confident when I say I don't think they ever cleaned my room!! Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Valrico, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived after booking on Priceline.com for 2/14/2014 for 1 night. at checkin was told they had no reservation on record for me. I was "the 5th person to come in and have no record of a reservation." But--- they could give me a room aanyway. The desk clerk was juggling several guests at the desk and various complaints that the AC/heat wasn't working; no hot water; maintenance man was "on his way." I informed her that we would just go elsewhere and be on our way. I confirmed with her that I would NOT be charged and she assured me no. (If they didn't even have a reservation then how could they???)
Imagine my surprise when I reviewed my account and found I had been charged on 2/19 AND 2/20 for a total of $221- that's 3 nights!!! I contacted Priceline and was referred back to the hotel. I explained the situation and after holding for about 30 minutes, they found their
statements and cancelled the transactions. Have to wait 1-2 business days to see my $$ back in my account which I will monitor very closely.
As for the physical state of the facility- I have no opinion, but the experience puts it in the poor range for me.

Stayed February 2014

Travellers are raving about these Waldo hotels

Vienna, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere, although you can get to Gainesville (does that count as not being "nowhere?") in 20-25 minutes, depending on where you are going in the town. The front desk staff were very friendly, as were the room cleaning staff. My room was clean and not cramped, and there were plenty of towels. Microwave and fridge both worked. But the icemaker 2 doors down made a LOT of noise for most of the night, and I did not find the bed comfortable. Other than the icemaker, the hotel was quiet. Sheets were clean, but a bit thin. I did not use the TV, so I can't speak to the number of channels. The hotel itself had a distinct scent of cleaning products, which I suppose beats experiencing the scent of things that need to have cleaning products applied to them. It is Florida, so humidity and the related smell of damp carpet is somewhat inevitable, I suppose. Breakfast was completely undistinguished and (fortunately) forgettable. My advice would be to pack food for breakfast, and don't count on hitting a nearby grocery store for supplies, since there aren't any. (The Walmart is about 8 miles away, and it is pretty minimal.)

Stunning views of the Sunoco gas station and defunct Arbys on one side, and a swamp pond on the other. Oh, yes, and make sure you don't go even 1 MPH over the speed limit. There were a huge number of speed traps on 301/24. The hotel staff was very helpful in pointing this out when we checked in, so we did not get nailed, although we saw plenty of others on the side of the road who were not as fortunate.

In sum, it's a relatively new property, with friendly staff, and the types of amenities that you would expect from a hotel charging less than $100 per night - almost none. Location is poor and breakfast was sad. But my room was clean, with no visible bugs, either, so I count that as a plus.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
milliegirl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

On October 4, 2012, my two sisters and myself stayed at the Sleep Inn in Waldo, Florida because it was the closest hotel to where my Aunt lived in Hawthorne, Florida. We were actually going to a wedding in Gainesville. We should have stayed in Gainsville. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. When we got to the hotel, they went up on the price for Saturday night. We had the rooms for Oct. 4 and Oct. 5. My sister from California decided to go so I called down there and the lady that answered the phone told me that we could get the same rate for Saturday as we had for Thursday and Friday. When we arrived the man at the desk had changed the amount for Sat. night from $89 to $134.00 and no one would change it. A very nice lady was at the desk on Saturday night, Oct. 7 and she told me that the lady who gave me that price no longer worked there. The first room they gave us had a leak someplace. They put us in another and although the room looked okay, the bathroom was awful. We had to get someone in there two times to clean it. Mold was on the shower curtin and someone apparently and thrown up in the floor and some of it had hit the cabinet and dried up. The swimming pool was not fit to swim in at all. There are also speed traps all over the place. Never going to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you need to go to that area in Florida, I would recommend staying in Gainsville.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank milliegirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a weekend trip for the Florida Gator Fan Day. All the hotels in Gainesville were booked & we didn't mind at all! The drive was a quick 15mins away from the stadium but out of the hustle and bustle of the city. The staff was friendly, & the room was very clean and accommodating with plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner, and soaps. We also had a coffee maker, personal safe, mini fridge, microwave and iron with ironing board in our room. Overall great experience and will definetly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fl_marygirl
Punta Gorda, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Room phone did not work, could not find desk person, lousy TV picture with very few channels,
if you like moldy jam for breakfast, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Go to a different motel
Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William R
killeen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

On 8th of June I checked in the Sleep Inn (Waldo Florida). This was my third time at this hotel. I was traveling with my five year old daughter. Both rooms I was put into were extremely hot at entry, had dead mosquitos and small spiders underneath the bedspread. I was upset, grabbed my daughter and left with no receipt. I drove 38 miles from my destination (Raiford) to Gainesville for a night, checked in at another hotel 68 miles from my destination in Ocala FL the next day due to booking restraints due to events. I had pending charges from my bank for the hotel, which I tried to resolve with the Manager (Willie). He told me rudely to get w/my bank because I wasnt charged. I called my bank and they needed confirmation from the hotel to drop the charge to use towards another hotel. I called the hotel w/my bank on the line; Mr. Willie kept cutting the representative off before she could explain herself. My bank asked him for transaction #, which he said he could give because he had two customers. The representative asked if he could fax the receipt and he said he would but he hung up the phone before receiving the fax #. About 5 minutes after the phone call I stopped by the hotel to resolve the issue w/my bank on the phone. My bank asked if he could give them a merchant ID # instead. Mr. Willie told USAA the general manager of the store had the merchant ID #. I asked him twice how he did not have a merchant ID #. I suppose this enraged Mr. Willie; he began to yell at me. He told me to get the hell out of his hotel before he call the police and have me thrown out. I proceeded to try and stay calm by referring to him as Sir, which he said Do not call me Sir! He threatened to throw me out the hotel again and said look at my receipt. The woman that checked me in was there and quickly printed me a receipt. I left w/my daughter crying in the car because of what she heard. I have been in the service for eleven years and never have I been disrespected in such a manner especially in front of my child.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank loudy f
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldo
BEST WESTERN Starke
Wyndham Garden Gainesville
#23 of 45 in Gainesville
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,270 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville

Been to BEST WESTERN Waldo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!