“Quiet and tranquil”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weirsdale
Shamrock Thistle & Crown Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Weirsdale B&B and Inns
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Quiet and tranquil”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I love this place. I booked here on a reference from a friend. When I got here, I found the owners had upgraded me to a little cabin in the back with it's own entrance to the pool and a hot hub. The place is beautiful and peaceful. Great move for getting away from the world for a bit. Yes they have wireless and TV, if you are not totally into unplugging... :-)

Room Tip: Get the cabin in the back!!! It's awesome!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mike R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My wife Regina & I loved our stay here as I raced the HITS Ironman Ocala in March. The perfect pre/post race location!! Beautiful setting, cozy rooms (plush bed AND a jacuzzi!) breakfasts, pool, our every need cared by our hosts Brantley & Anne. Comforts of home ring true cemented a cherished experience worthy of many a return - we recommend it to any athlete in town for a race - and any couple seeking a home stay away from home.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mark C
Braselton, Georgia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We picked this place rather than the crowded chain hotels in the nearby Villages.The owners are engaging and very eager to please. Our room was up stairs and they were narrow, but there is a wide rear stairway that is recommended for taking luggage up and down. The room was divided into two rooms, bedroom, and small sitting room. The bathroom was clean but small, had a good shower and was adequate. They have a large very nice pool and my favorite-a large porch with very comfortable chairs. I stayed outside at night, had a glass of wine and enjoyed reading.The breakfasts are filling and unique each day.the wallpaper is a little much for my tastes but added to the theme of shamrocks.

Room Tip: I would advise the jacuzzi room upstairs in the house or the cozy cottage that is detached.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I visited The Shamrock Thistle & Crown B&B for a getaway weekend. We were immediately and warmly greeted by Mr. Brantley, a good Christian man. Since we were the 1st arrivals of the day, Brantley gladly toured us around his beautiful home. We LOVED our little cottage which was separate from the main house. It had a small private porch in the back with a Jacuzzi. The breakfast Mr. Brantley and Mrs. Anne (who had the most infectious laugh) would serve was so good, I kept eating after I was full. We absolutely enjoyed our stay at The Sharock and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: Cottage with Jacuzzi was separate from the main house and very private!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zonia P
MILWAUKEE
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Brantley is a extremely friendly proprietor. The B&B is very clean, quiet, tastefully decorated and Anne makes a fantastic breakfast. The Inn was initially built in 1887. The wood paneling is exception...a very charming place.
I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eagl3s
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Brantley and Anne are delightful. My wife and I had such a great visit with them and their little rustic B&B. The breakfasts were awesome, tasty and unique like you would expect at a B&B. The Inn is old with lots of wood, character and charm. It is nicely tucked away from the main road in the middle of fields and light woods near Lake Weir. The porch around the main floor is a great place to relax, play cards, swing on the porch swing, read, etc...

We stayed in the Irish Blarney room as we wanted a Jacuzzi - awesome Jacuzzi, easily accommodates two people. Our little getaway was perfect, Brantley really helped us find some nearby places to go and things to do. We were not too far from Ocala and went to see Les Miserable at the Ocala Theater - great production BTW. We also got to see a small version of the Grand Ole Oprey in Weirsdale - nice hometown country music. So, there are things to do around the Inn (it is also close to The Villages), but if you want to relax at the pool which is awesome or hang out on the second story deck with a good book - this is the place.

The chocolate covered strawberries and candied pecans were a nice treat to order. Pricing was right in line with typical central FL B&Bs, maybe even a little on the less expensive side.

There are very few B&B's in central FL with a Jacuzzi like this and to find this gem of a place was awesome. We will be back!!

Room Tip: The Irish Blarney room gets afternoon sun (can get a little warm), so if you are not a morning perso...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frb19
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary for 3 days; the stay could not have been better. The inn keepers are very friendly, nice and not to meantion the help they provided to surprise my girlfriend with fresh chocolate covered strawberries, chocolates and pecans. I cannot say or think of anything bad about the place or keepers.
The breakfast the following morning were great. We will return again.

KWM
Fort myers FL

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank mickeyMcall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weirsdale
Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages
Comfort Suites The Villages
TownePlace Suites The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
The Waterfront Inn
The Waterfront Inn
#2 of 2 in The Villages

Been to Shamrock Thistle & Crown Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!