Welaka Lodge & Resort
Hampton Inn Palatka(Palatka)(Great Value!)
US$143
Best Western Inn Of Palatka(East Palatka)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$85
US$77
QualityInn
US$113
Sleep Inn & Suites(Palatka)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$95
SleepInn
Lake View Motel(Crescent City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjohn's riverhot tubwelaka lodgedock barold floridarv sitesnice cottagethe cottagesboat rentalstoilet paper and towelslarge gas grillample towelsperfect place to relaxfire pitoak treesanniversary weekendcovered boat
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The hosts and owners are just wonderful! The atomosphere is relaxing. Everyone is friendly like long time down home next door neighbors. I love this place and have been back many times for the weekend and on Spring Break.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

we have spent the last week at welaka lodge & resort!!! this is the best place to stay on the st. johns river!!! just amazing!! they think of every little thing you might need!!! from a pitcher for koolaid, a whisk to mix it and even a measuring cup!! there is extra trash bags, toilet paper and towels!!! they allow dogs so my family member got ot come!!! the cottage is stuuningly beautiful with perfect decorations!! a wonderful experience!!!

Room Tip: choice a cottage that allows pets!!! we stayed in the cottage with a bedroom lofft!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My sister and I recently stayed at the one bedroom cabin with loft at Welaka Lodge while visiting our parents who winter in the area. It was a beautiful cabin and cleaner than any hotel I have ever visited. We weren't as concerned with the park amenities because we spent most of our time with our parents, but the pool area appeared to be very clean and well kept. We would absolutely return for another visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We've stayed here before ad had a wonderful time as a couple. The cottages are very nicely appointed. We really enjoyed the convenience and all the amenities available. This is definitely a sleepy campground. This past week I took my wife and kids for my wife’s birthday. The POOL is NOT heated as advertised!!! Our children went to the pool and the staff quickly suggested they not swim because the pool was 65 degrees. The staff was very uncomfortable with our children being there. They were watching us so closely they even told me I looked out the window at them several times while they were having their Friday night party by the pool. They yelled at our kids and really scared them to the point that they did not want to leave the cabin. When we approached them it turned into a heated discussion. VERY unprofessional! It was as if we were invading their space as apposed to treating us like guest. Because it was my wife’s birthday I did everything I could to de-escalate the situation. The staff live at the resort and act as though it is their retirement community. We where made to feel as though we where not the paying clients but a nuisance. We had some guest come down to visit and celebrate my wife’s birthday. They simply came with cake and we went out to dinner. We were rudely informed that day guest where an additional charge of $5 per visitor for use of the facilities. They arrived at 3:39 and we left for dinner at 6. REALLY?? This is a great spot with incredible cabins. I suggest everyone go and take ALL your children!! Have a blast at the pool, lets let the staff know they are NOT the guest but are there to serve the paying customer!!

Room Tip: Pool side to watch children while they PLAY as kids should!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Our four week stay at the Welaka Lodge & Resort was everything we hoped for and then some. We work demanding jobs on the road and were desperate for peace, relaxation, and a place where we could feel truly at home. The Welaka Lodge & Resort was exactly what we needed. The cottages on the property are all gorgeous, and ours was an absolute gem complete with every amenity. Full kitchen, comfy king bed, fireplace and private hot tub make it difficult to leave and explore the many beautiful and interesting activities near by. The owners and staff are amazing and went above and beyond to make our stay sublime. It's impossible not to notice the attention to detail and care that's been put into making this cottage the perfect getaway. We had a great time and can't wait for our next visit!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple