“Never a quiet moment”

Ranked #1 of 161 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Agliolio has been Wellington's favorite gathering place for more than 8 years. They make their pasta fresh daily, using 100% semolina flour. The "create your own pasta-bility" section of the menu allows you to design your own meal, by selecting a fresh pasta, a homemade made-to-order sauce, and unlimited vegetable toppings, and is accompanied by salad and garlic bread, for just $10. For a few dollars more, you can pair your pasta with a traditional homemade Italian entree, ranging from Chicken Francese to Eggplant Parmigiana and Veal Marsala.
w.p.bch. fl
“Never a quiet moment”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

If it wasn't for the extreme loudness experienced at Agliolio, this would be an above average restaurant.
Food is always consistent and prices are fair. But unless you eat outside where smokers rein you can't hear yourself think. I have stopped eating there, but still do takeout occasionally. They make take reservations for large groups otherwise it is walk in.

• Visited November 2013
Stefani D, Owner at Agliolio Fresh Pasta & Wine Bar, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Hi there!

Thank you for your feedback-- I'm so happy to hear you enjoy our food and appreciate our value-oriented pricing :)

Due to our size, we do not accept traditional "reservations" per se, but we are happy to accept "call-ahead seating" requests for any size party!

We hear you loud and clear... While we are THRILLED to be so popular and busy, we acknowledge that it can be loud in our dining room when we are full. Just this Fall, we underwent an acoustical renovation, adding acoustical paneling and upgrading several of the surfaces in the restaurant to help absorb some of the sound. However, just as in Nonna's kitchen, when the gang's all there, it can make for quite the lively atmosphere.

If noise is an issue for your occasion, I would like to encourage you to give our outside tables another try, or to join us outside of the busiest times of the day and year.

Thanks again for your feedback and patronage-- we look forward to seeing you again soon! :)

“Family owned”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The first time we went we didn't like it much but friends tell me it is good now. We will try again soon. We like Italian and we liked the owners

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Diana S
Wellington, Florida
“It's simply the BEST around!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This place is our go-to restaurant...we always feel so welcome there. Its a family run business and they never fail to make it personal. The food is consistent, always has that homemade taste and is simply awesome - as is the service. The prices are great too! We have been going there for years and have dined there just as a couple, or with friends and also with large parties, and are never disappointed. The restaurant can get quite busy sometimes so just be patient, enjoy the experience and the person/people you are with...the food is worth it and personal service does take a bit more time. Relax! The owners and staff go out of their way to 'make it right' for you. Neat/casual is the usual attire but bit fancier is also common there (just in case you were wondering). All I can say is that it's the first place that always comes to mind when someone asks where I'd like to go to eat, or where is a really great restaurant in Wellington.

• Visited March 2014
“Pasta, Pasta, PaSTA”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

THE PLACE HAS THE WORST SOUND EVER. The place is so loud yo think your on the runway of Palm Beach International. We were a party of six and could not hear what the people next to me were saying. The food was greatr and that would be the only reason I would return, I would have to be ready for very little conversation with our friends. The Pasta dish was the best ever, the bread on the side never stopped coming and the all you can eat salad had the best house dressing ever. Put this on your list but, wait until after the season when it might be a little less busy or come by before five and on a weekday.

• Visited January 2014
Arequipa, Peru
“Brutal Service”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Menu, food, and decore suggest a trendy, food-oriented restaurant.

Service suggests that this is TGIFridays or something.

Seated without menus for 10 minutes, first. Then we were talking and the annoying server (guy with greasy, curly hair who's super lanky and tall) kept coming over every 2 minutes to see what we wanted to drink. I was tempted to tell him that if he interrupted our conversation again, we'd find somewhere else to go.

We ordered an appetizer and we'd barely had it for 5 minutes, it was still piping hot, when he brought out our entrees. We didn't say anything, but it was off-putting to have our appetizer, appetizer plates, and two big entrees all sitting in front of us. If the servers and kitchen can't get THIS simple fact right (and judging by a few other commentators, they can't), they don't deserve patronage. The appetizer fried calamari was tasty but one of the sauces was pure mayo. Really? That's the best the kitchen can do? Is that an American or Florida thing cuz I've never seen that in my life anywhere else. A mayo base with basil, lime, and paprika, or something? Sure. Pure mayo? No thanks. The mains were pretty good-- my francese pasta was bland but the veal was very nicely done.

And then to top it all off, our server disappeared for 30 minutes while we were eating, never coming back to check on us until he had broom and dust pan in hand and was sweeping the god damn tables next to us. Yum, I love eating while some half-wit is sweeping dust up near our table. Granted, they're closing, they need to clean, I get it. I've served, bartended, and managed restaurants and bars. But you save the sweeping and rug-cleaning for the areas that aren't in direct view and disturbance of your guests.

We tipped the guy reasonably cuz we were in good moods, and didn't mention it to the manager, but that was my mistake. And I'm fixing that mistake by mentioning it all here.

• Visited February 2014
Stefani D, Owner at Agliolio Fresh Pasta & Wine Bar, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Good afternoon,

On behalf of my entire family, I would like to thank you for your detailed review and to offer a heartfelt apology for the experience you've described. As a family-run business, our goal is for every guest to feel as if they were a guest in our own home, to enter as a guest and leave as a friend... and it is clear that this did not happen on your visit.

You nailed our intentions to be a "trendy, food-oriented restaurant," and I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your food! We strive to offer our guests a finer dining experience at casual dining prices-- unfortunately, as you described, your service experience definitely did not live up to our high standards.

You should never have been sat without menus... in fact, we intentionally use a limited number of menus to ensure that there isn't an instance where too many guests are sat at one time, which could compromise quality by overburdening the kitchen. It seems as though, in your case, our seaters became overzealous and sat you too quickly, before menus were available so that you could properly begin your dining experience.

Our plush, comfortable booths and cozy interior décor encourage guests to relax and stay for awhile, as so many previous reviewers have mentioned. It is absolutely not our intention for our servers to rush you through your meal, but rather to work hard to understand, and provide, the experience that each guest is individually looking for-- be it leisurely or time-constrained.

We are blessed to be a very busy, popular restaurant in our community, and serve thousands of guests a week. We are very appreciative of that fact, and try not to take even a single guest's visit for granted. Simply put, we're a family-- we care.

Having been in the restaurant industry yourself, I'm sure you understand that every so often, mistakes happen, and as you mentioned, I'm sorry that you didn't say something during your visit so that we could have turned it around on the spot-- we expect every guest to leave planning their next visit, certainly not regretting their current one!
I'd love it if you would call me (Stefani, the AGLIOLIO daughter) on my cell phone at (561) 376-6933 or shoot me an e-mail at wellington@agliolio.com so that we can discuss your visit in more detail, and I can personally apologize and invite you to come back and give us another try in the near future.

Again, our sincerest apologies and appreciation for your feedback... we hope to see-- and impress-- you soon!
Stefani & the entire AGLIOLIO family