“A Bad Day At Lexington Oaks”

Lexington Oaks Golf Club
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Over the Christmas holidays both of my sons came to visit and we always play a round of golf together. It has become a Christmas tradition and this year we picked Lexington Oaks. I had not played there in a while and always liked to course. We made a 1:45 tee time. My oldest son is an active Air Force officer and came straight from his base to Tampa and could not bring his clubs. I figured that he could ride with me and we would share my clubs (no big deal). I was informed upon arrival that club policy forbade that. I was not happy but I agreed to rent a set of clubs for him. But the way I was told was "You can rent clubs or you can go somewhere else to play". Not very cool. As we went to the 1st tee a group of 4 guys came off of #18 and hopped on #1 ahead of us. No starter to be found so that delayed our start. We had a decent round until we got to #14 where the starter drove up and informed us that after we finished #14 we would have to leave the course due to darkness. It was 5:05 PM and we had plenty of daylight left so we protested. We were told that due to safety reasons we had to leave. We played #15 anyway and then left. So, this was not the day that I had planned with my two sons. I went to the Lex Oaks website and wrote to the owner to explain what had happened on his course and received an e-mail from the GM explaining that we were totally wrong and his staff did everything according to their protocols. Again, I get it and I was not expecting anything and that is exactly what I got. So, my weekly golf dollars will go elsewhere as there are plenty of other choices in the area. I am just writing this to alert others that if you have a problem do not expect their management to do anything.

7  Thank Barry W
in 3 reviews
"food"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I hold a free travel club here the 2nd Monday evening every month, and the members all come in and eat before the presentation. Hubby loves the wings, and I love the salads and wraps.Usually there is a special. Fresh!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The course is in awesome shape this year! Only bad thing is it can get a bit backed up and I don't feel the course manages their groups as best as they could when they know they will be busy.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This course is in great condition. Very respectful staff and very well kept golf douse. One of the best courses of the Tampa area and within a very respectful budget. This is a round that you will enjoy!