My husband and I stayed Easter weekend. It was a lovely weekend but there were some bumps along the way. The really nice staff made up for the things that went wrong.
What went wrong: We made our reservations online and received an email confirmation with a list of the services included. Turns out the email confirmation was for a package that was offered for Easter in a previous year (not sure what year). There was confusion when we booked tee times and breakfast. We were charged for golf rounds and a breakfast even though our confirmation said our golf and breakfast were included. We chalked it up to miscommunication and decided to resolve the matter with the front desk. My husband also signed us up for "Play with a Pro." The website quoted a price of $150/person for 2 players that are guests at the resort on a resort golf package. We thought we were on a resort golf package but were told we weren't and ended up paying $419 for the 2 of us. They also had no record of our signing up. I also called to make a reservation for the Easter Buffet but only got voicemail. I left a message but no one called me back (really hate that). I tried to make the reservation in person when we went to dinner but no one could take the reservation while Tropics Restaurant was closed (irritating). We were finally able to make the reservation in person on Easter Sunday for the final seating at 4 pm.
What went right: We received an upgrade when we arrived. The golf courses were lovely. The Easter Buffet, even at 4 pm, was really good. Kyle at the golf shop rose to the occasion when there was no record of our request to "Play with a Pro." We played with Joe who was awesome and totally worth what we paid. Keelyn was our fabulous server at Dempsey's. The front desk folks reversed the charges for the golf rounds and breakfast and explained the snafu with the online reservations and incorrect confirmations. The driver was waiting for us when we arrived at Tampa Bay airport and picked us up on time Monday afternoon for our trip back to the airport. The starters on both courses as well as the marshals were friendly and helpful. Overall the staff was terrific.
The rooms are dated (noted in many previous reviews) but it didn't impact our good time. I would recommend trying to get a room on the second floor. We were on the 2nd floor and there were squeaky floorboards in the bedroom that would have driven me crazy had I been on the first floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 780 Acre resort 30 minutes north of Tampa International Airport with 95,000 Sq. Ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting and function space, two Arnold Palmer signature golf courses, 45 tennis courts in every grand slam surface, European-style Spa, Half-million gallon Superpool, Sports Village with Fitness Center; four award-winning restaurants and three lounges, the Saddlebrook Golf Academy and Hopman Tennis Programs for instruction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Saddlebrook Resort Tampa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saddlebrook Resort Tampa Hotel Wesley Chapel
- Saddlebrook Hotel Tampa
- Saddlebrook Resort Wesley Chapel
- Saddlebrook Resort Tampa Wesley Chapel, Florida