“FAMILY VISIT FOR COLLEGE IN TAMPA FLORIDA”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wesley Chapel
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Hampton Inn was centrally located to my granddaughter's home and college. Also just 45 minutes to Clearwater Beach. Hotel was exceptionally clean and very well staffed. Pool was very clean. Great stay!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My son and i who was heading to St Leos college the next day checked into this hotel after a bad experience with a hotel not far away.... we were welcomed told about the st leos discount and taken care of beyond and over and above,,, i am now booking my room for my bday weekend

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a standard Hampton Inn & Suites. I would say its about 4 to 6 years old. It was maintained well and their is no visible signs of wear and tear. I was in town for 24 hours. I got in late, but the 3rd shift staff was very attentive.

Hotel itself: From the exterior it's a cookie cutter Hampton prototype you see everywhere.The public areas were clean and spotless. The decor is modern and very inviting. A very common Hampton Inn layout. I don't comment on decor because to me it isn't a huge impact on satisfaction.

Pool & Exercise Facility: They have an outdoor pool. The pool area was very clean (no trash etc). The exercise facility was also nice - different variety of equipment.

Rooms: I reserved a studio king, was only at the hotel for a short while so I turned down the upgrade for Diamond H Honors members. The room was decent size and if you were working you would have enough space to spread out. The bathroom area was very clean. The sheets on the bed were crisp, clean and wrinkle free. The bed was free of any stains, hairs or signs of previous guest. The AC unit ran all night and it didn't cool the room down past 72 degrees. The energy management system for the ac unit was horrible. Also the mini fridge was sitting in the corner by the desk, and it seemed very odd it wasn't in furniture piece like the other Hampton Inn hotels I've stayed at. I did sleep well, didn't have any noises or disturbances.

Free Internet: Being a Hilton H Honors member I got free WiFi and hard wire internet service. Both were pretty good, being the size of the hotel and the number of guests checked in. I constantly got decent WiFi speeds.

The Breakfast: This is definitely a skip. The presentation was great, but the quality of some of the items was questionable. The omelets are definitely worth skipping and the sausage was warm (not hot). I wouldn't except much from this breakfast. Breakfast attendant was warm and very friendly. She was always asking if everything was ok. I'd recommend the hotel go to a scrambled egg or something else because those omelets looked disgusting. The waffles were good and the batter was fresh.

Staff: Was very attentive and very friendly. I can see why they won top Hampton Inn award by Hilton Family of Hotels. They really go the extra mile to be friendly. Almost every staff member was always doing something, not lounging around like other Hampton Hotels I've stayed at. After finishing work I had to change before my flight. I prefer not doing changing at the airport (dirty restrooms), I went back to the hotel and asked if I could use the restrooms - without hesitation the manager or front desk agent showed me the public restroom, but went the extra mile and offered a guest room. I was like wow, that is service. I told him the restroom was fine. A big thanks to the staff. You made my 24 hours in Wesley Chapel a great experience.

Overall this place is worth the money.. It's a standard Hampton, but the staff made a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Room Tip: If the AC doesn't cool your room make sure you switch to another.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Samswildworld
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Excellent. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The staff was great. Hot breakfast was great. I really enjoyed the western omelet. I would absolutely stay here again! It is close to great restaurants and has easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2014

While visiting Tampa my wife and I stopped in without a reservation the young lady working the front desk was extremely friendly and accountable. After driving for 10 hours she quickly got us a great room, it was clean and in a quiet location. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. Will stay there nect time through.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We asked for a two bed suite, as we knew we would spend a good deal of time in our room. The room was large, with a fold-out sofa and two nice side chairs. The internet service worked well, allowing us to work when we needed . Breakfast was nice. The kitchen area had a sink, and the bathroom vanity was outside of the shower area, which was convenient.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very close and convenient for us. They were only about 5 miles from the hotel. Very quiet even though it it directly off of I75. The staff were very courteous and friendly. Yet very discreet and not pesky like some hotels. Check-in was very easy. Nice "grocery" shop fully stocked with just about everything.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wesley Chapel
Hampton Inn Dade City-Zephyrhills
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 8 in Wesley Chapel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel? Share your experiences!