“Huge Decline in Service and Quality of Food Do Not Recommend”
Review of Teddy's Wing Shack

Teddy's Wing Shack
Ranked #77 of 665 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Worth, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Huge Decline in Service and Quality of Food Do Not Recommend”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have been going to Teddy's Wing Shack for over 4 years with my family at least 3 times a month, sometimes more and have never had any problems. The past few visits there has been a huge decline in service and the quality of food. All the regular employees are now gone and have been replaced with people who have no idea what is on the menu, forget what you ordered, and the order came out wrong the past few times. The quality of the food has gotten so bad I will probably never go there again. Examples: On the kids menu, my daughters used to order the chicken wings and the chicken tenders. They used to come with 5 chicken wings for one and 4 big chicken tenders for the other. The last time I was there, the chicken wing meal came with 3 chicken wings that were MUCH smaller than they used to be. The other kids meal came with 2 chicken nuggets that were MUCH smaller than they used to serve. The chicken wings we got last time were also smaller for the adult meals we ordered. The most disgusting part of our dinner was when we got our food, and that is when we learned they discontinued the waffle fries! There was no indication on the menu that they discontinued them and the waitress did not tell us they did not have them when I told her I wanted the waffle fries and wings. The fires the are now using as a replacement are crinkle cuts. They were very soggy, and when I tried one it tasted like they were heated up in a microwave and it still tasted cold. This place no deserves 0 stars. I no longer recommend this place to my family and friends.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Carrie B
Brian S, Owner at Teddy's Wing Shack, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
We're disappointed to hear you were unhappy with your experience, Carrie. While we have tweaked our menu recently, we certainly stand by our commitment to providing our customers with the meals and service they expect. We value all feedback as a means of learning how to better serve our customers. We appreciate your business over the years and hope you will give us the chance to serve you again in the future. We strive for excellence in our customer service and would like to address your concerns. As we’ve mentioned on our other review sites you posted on, please call us or come in to see us, so we can make things right by you. (You can ask for Cristy.) Best, Teddy's Wing Shack team

West Palm Beach, Florida
“They could use a hygiene class from the Board of Health.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

While sitting at the bar we observed a male employee leave the kitchen with his finger in his mouth picking his teeth and then he handled a drink refill for someone without washing his hands. GROSS! This same employee kept touching his face and putting his hands into his hair the entire time we were there. The wings were just OK, nothing special. The kitchen was very sloooow and the service was lacking. The waitress was very nice but we kept having to ask for what we needed, catsup, beverage refills, the check, etc.

Toronto, Canada
“My favourite hole-in-the-wall joint”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We loved it, from the 20 different wing sauces to the waitress who called us Hon right through to having to go outside to use the bathroom. (We feel certain Teddy's used to be a gas station.) It's a very special, homey place. If you're looking for high-end, luscious surroundings, do NOT come here. If you want good, roadhouse-style food at a great price and an ambience that says Americana, you will love it.

Montana
“Don't go”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We had a groupon for Teddy's wing shack. Let's just say I would never go back or send anyone I knew. Service was bad, food was worse. I felt like I wasted a night out for a good dinner.

1 Thank Diane K
Michigan
“Fabulous Sauces”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Teddy's has outside and inside seating. On the night we went, we chose to sit inside as it was very breezy. The decor is filled with old concert posters. The menu offers other choices besides wings, but why would you go to a wing place and order a sandwich? Prices are very reasonable. We got 20 wings and a pitcher of beer for $17. Not bad at all.

There were at least 12 - 15 different wing sauces. Some interesting choices. We ordered four different sauces. My favorites were the Jamacian Jerk and Guava Tequila. They also offer the usual fried wings or you can get them grilled. The grilled were very good. I ordered waffle fries with the wings. I know taste is subjective, but I thought they were too mushy. Waffle fries, in my opinion, should be crisp.

Service could be better, though. I believe we waited at least 25 minutes for our order. Maybe because we ordered grilled? Anyway, our pitcher of beer came quickly so the wait wasn't so bad.

Overall, the food was good and reasonably priced. I would definately go back there - just not if I'm in a hurry.