“Worst Marriott ever.”

Courtyard West Palm Beach
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a very run down Marriott which is obvious by the older feel of the building and size of rooms. When we checked in we were given a room right off the elevator. Once in our room the toilet ran non stop, the metal crib had bent bars making it unsafe to put a child in because we were nervous he could get stuck. The shower curtain was falling off the wall and the slider wouldn't slide. We also had to ask for a new alarm clock that would work. After complaining to the front desk they offered to move us to another room but unfortunately it smelled like smoke and was musty so we declined. We are Marriott silver elite members so I called the Marriott customer service. The next day the general manager called and offered us to move rooms to a 2 queen suite. Unfortunately the manager takes the same type of care for her guests as she does her hotel. The room wasn't what she promised instead it had 2 full beds. There are plenty of other nice hotels in the area. Although this address is West Palm Beach its right off I-95 close to Riviera Beach which isn't a great area.

• Stayed: March 2014
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for the review and for staying with us. We take great strides to make sure our guest rooms and amenities are always clean, comfortable and convenient so that our guests experience a relaxing and enjoyable stay. I am sorry that your stay was not as satisfactory as you have come to expect from the Marriott family of hotels and we have address these issues and made sure that correct actions were taken for these misgivings.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard West Palm Beach

Reviewed 10 March 2014

the people that work at this hotel are super. the front desk, housekeeping, and one person really stood out. his name is Dakota. he went above and beyond to help me and make me feel at home. he is a young man who represents your brand very well, as did the staff of this nice and clean hotel. thank you for offering travelers like myself a friendly place to spend a safe and restful time. and for having employees such as Dakota. I'm looking forward to my next stay. thank you, Michael f. page jr.

Room Tip: my room was fine as I would guess they all are.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. The team is delighted that your stay with the Courtyard West Palm Beach was enjoyable.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel when we were in the area for a long weekend at the end of a business trip.

Nice hotel and cleanliness wasn't a factor, but small asthetic things could have made this property a much more desirable place to be.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard West Palm Beach was enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Pros:
-Large rooms and comfortable beds
-Decent fitness facilities for cardio lovers

Cons:
-Lackluster front desk attitude
-Housekeeping interrupted our rest when "Do Not Disturb" was displayed outside the door
-Room key expired when we specifically requested a late checkout for 2:00PM the next day as a Silver Elite member benefit
-Gym was missing weight levels (no 10lbs, no 25 lbs, no 40 lbs dumbbells)

In Summary:
-If you want uninterrupted rest and a late check-out, be prepared for some hurdles
-If you are looking for weight training fitness, the needs here is slightly lackluster
-If you are just looking for a place to stay overnight and get up and running early in the morning, this may be a decent option for you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guangye T
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard West Palm Beach. I appreciate your comments and recognize the importance of your feedback in improving hotel operations.

I was disappointed to hear that certain weights were not available for your use and the front desk not meeting your needs. I have since address those issues with my staff. We value your business and I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I, my wife, son and his son spent the weekend here for my son's 17th birthday. The front desk clerk Heaven was indeed heaven sent, she kind, courteous and very helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Hotel is located near shopping, restaurants and Port of Palm Beach which was good as we were cruising on Bahamas Celebration.
The whole experience was marred somewhat because I left a new belt (law enforcement Officer, with holster, handcuff case etc.) in the room when I checked out. When I called the hotel they said nothing had been turned in to lost and found. Other than this my rating would have been Excellent. I examined the belt at the hotel, checked out hurriedly and did not discover I forgot to pack until I returned home.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are easily accessible from parking lot for persons with walking difficulties etc.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian700
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us in WPB we are pleased to know you had a great stay. I am however disappointed that we were not able to locate your belt. Please email me at Andrea.Ashman@marriott.com as I will be checking on this for you.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The room was clean, large and beds were comfortable. The grounds were clean, the lobby was nice and looked new. wifi worked well. There is a Cracker Barrel across the street for breakfast. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bigdog2020
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with the Courtyard West Palm Beach.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and we are pleased to have met your needs. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would however like for you to try our Bistro on your next visit, which offers fresh healthy breakfast and dinner options, along with freshly brewed Starbucks coffee and full bar service in the afternoon. A place you can truly connect with friends and family.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here for a mini-vacation over New Years, having booked a flight/hotel package through Orbitz. The location is a little remote, but if you have a car, it's great. It was a 10 - 15 minute drive to anywhere you would want to go - the beach, CityPlace, restaurants, shopping etc. Our room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed, and my favourite was the balcony overlooking the beautiful courtyard/pool area. One day it was a little cool for the beach, so we relaxed around the very warm heated pool. The reception staff was so friendly and helpful and we were able to print out our boarding passes for the return flight home. Wifi was quick and free. Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you, we are pleased you enjoyed the features of the hotel and look forward to your return.