“Terrible terrible hotel”

Ramada West Palm Beach Airport
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Staff is very rude and treats you like a 3rd class citizen. They double charge you for food. First charge is when you pay for the food, and then They charge you again when you go to check out of the hotel. If you smoke an electric cigarette they'll claim you smoked a real cigarette and charge you another $100 smoking fine. There's no disputing it because since all of the staff, including the managers are in on it together they all vouch for each other. If you have a friend or girlfriend coming to visit and staying in the room while you go out for work or whatever they say they're an unauthorized guest, kick them out of the room and will not let them back into the room even if you call authorizing them into the room they will not allow it until you come back to the hotel, show your ID, and have them show their ID. They even don't update their computers so they'll double book the room, give total strangers keys to the room while your girlfriend is half naked standing in the middle of it when they walk in. There's drug dealers and prostitution going on as well all through the night. Crack addicts going all around begging for change from other guests. Hookers arguing with their pimps at the pool about drugs. There's ROACHES IN ALL THE ROOMS. If you look dirty, which is probably from working they put you down on the first two floors where the bugs are even worse. I was moved around 6 times between the A/C not working, bugs in the rooms and the housekeeping not doing their job whatsoever. The sink in one room I was in looked like someone vomited in it and it was left there for days and stained the sink itself. The place is a nightmare. I would never recommend going to this hotel unless you want to be miserable the entire time and have a pompous ridiculously mean people that are supposed to treat you with respect, treat you like utter garbage.

• Stayed: June 2014
2Golfwego, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

This comment has been copied and pasted and put on several social sites by one disgruntled guest, and his friends. This is one side to the story.
We have many satisfied guests and repeat guests whom love our property and our staff, I am sorry for the guest whom was not happy and wishes him all the best.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I didn't have reservations, but they accommodated me anyway. I just want to say thank you for aloud me to stay on your premises in such short notice. Nice clean rooms well clean bathrooms spots on the floor but overall nice hotel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2Golfwego, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your comments, we are happy to hear of your pleasant stay. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

upon arrival I was greeted at the counter by two young individuals who tried to check me in. I had just been at various airports throughout the day. I was tired, hungry and looking forward to seclusion. I was given the key to a room that hadn't been made up from the previous night. I came back downstairs and asked for management to resolve the issue. The young man began to sigh and roll his eyes at me while the other young lady looked on. While a customer approached me who was in her early twenties as well, and who began to confront me about my frustration while both employees stood looking on. I then took a business card, went to another hotel and when I arrived home I contacted Star the General Manager at this facility who did nothing to resolve the issue. I would not recommend a Ramada Inn to anyone nor will I utilize one in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2Golfwego, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

I am sorry to hear of your confusing issue while checking in, This is not our standard, I will inquire as to what took place, to insure it doesn't happen again. At this time, management was not aware of the situation. My apologies for your unsatisfactory Check in .

Reviewed 11 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 4 June 2014

When I come down from N.J. I usually stay at any one of the hotels close to downtown West Palm Beach and the airport and so the Ramada on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. is a hotel where I have stayed many times in the past. It has upgraded its interior and exterior since becoming a Ramada but the prices remain very competitive compared to area hotels and the staff are the most attentive, polite, and expeditious that I have experienced in the many years I've stayed at hotels in the area. The pool area is secluded and very clean. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The restaurant has a varied menu that should satisfy anyone's tastes on any given day. If you want to be very close to the airport, downtown WPB, a 24 hour Walgreens pharmacy, the Village Commons shopping center, the new Palm Beach Outlet Mall, and Interstate 95, and you want a reasonable rate and a luxurious clean room with great staff, give this Ramada a visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you ! You are so right , newly renovated, close to airport and shopping. Good Value and convenient to downtown or airport.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The renovations are making this hotel much improved. This isn't the Gaylord. This is an affordable hotel near the Airport in West Palm Beach. Staff is friendly as well. Under new management, definitely give this hotel a try!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. Yes we have gone through renovations and our property looks great ! New bedding, linens and terry ! We are conveniently located Off I-95 exit 71, next to the new Palm Beach Mall Outlet. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Upon check in we were greeted by a very friendly staff.We were greeted several times throughout our stay by different staff members. Our room was spacious and clean. We had room service which was prompt and also dined in the restaurant a couple of times. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good place to stay without paying a fortune!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2Golfwego, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments ! We agree ! Hope to have you back.